Priest Needs Cool Movement Ability

Out of all the magic classes in the game, priest has the lamest mobility abilities in the game.

Mage gets a blink, warlock gets teleport and gate, druid gets cat form speed and leaps, shaman gets spirit wolf…Priest gets a feather speed burst and a bubble speed burst.

Wheres the tentacle we can spawn from the ground to grip us a distance across the ground? Wheres the shadow step? Wheres turning into a beam of light and shooting across an area really fast?

We need some cooler mobilities… we use magic,make it cool Blizz.

Thanks

1 Like

Ya or they could at least put feather back to 70 or 80% like it used to be.

1 Like

Return of reverse life grip, or door of shadows would be a welcome addition to our kit, IMO.

6 Likes

They could have given us door of shadows and made it instant cast, which would be huge.

1 Like

You know that Void Elf racial? The whole “create a shadowy cloud that travels across the ground and switch positions with it” ability? That should of been Priest’s mobility spell, not a racial ability.

Yeah Door of Shadows would be amazing to have and I think it kind of fits well both thematically and with the kit… Then we could have even an extra talent to make it instant (even if it also gave it a slightly longer CD to make it instant).

2 Likes

It would need to be far better, its basically the same as your regular walking speed.

Source: me, I am a void elf priest.

2 Likes

Oh I’m aware, but I’m mainly talking thematically it’s the exact type of mobility spell I would expect priests to have.

1 Like

You also got all those void portal type things that locust walker uses and those other void magic ethereal dudes on Argus use.

Not sure how something like that would or should work mechanically speaking. Like should it be the void elf thing where it requires a spell to cast/use to start and doing it again to end it (2 step process) or just a single button to click that will do the portal effect animation in a seamless single action?

Personally I would like to see Spectral Guise return and it can have a follow up talent that improved it to be a teleport like door of shadows.

Whatever the result, the idea of Priests having no displacement ability and Shadow specifically having to self silence ourselves for our primary defensive just goes to show the massive disconnect with how the game has progressed yet Priest is multiple expansions behind in terms of our toolkit capability lol.

Levitate should give a cute lil speed increase.
We just float by, zoomin :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Seeing as druid has cat form, shaman spirit wolf, and Evoker can just jump (plus Hover), feather feels pretty bad and poor in comparison in a lot of cases. Disc in comparison to druid shows disc as severely lacking here. Not only can you not use feather at will–since it has charges and a CD, but you also have to plant for a good chunk of casts and healing via atonement with spells like Mind Games, Schism, Smite and Mind Blast–not to mention to cast Radiance (which also has cast time)–which often sets you back mobility-wise and positioning-wise with little to compensate and with limited options for moving to catch up or dodge simultaneously. Druids, in comparison, have a host of healing spells that are instant cast, and so they dont often have to plant, and yet they can simply move to cat form at will, with no CD. For disc, the combination of a lot of spells with cast time, plus the limited charges of feather puts it at a sometimes extreme disadvantage. And not only that, but there is nothing to really compensate for that weakness. In fact because of mana issues, you also have double whammy in addition to that mobility problem–since you have to stop and drink a lot more than most other healers. These problems can create a serious dilemma in timed content. And when you have to heal others in the group because they fail on mechanics or the mechanics are unavoidable, but you also dodge mechanics, move out of fire and so on and are in the process of trying to simply catch up to the group, you can have serious issues. Yeah, your Penance may be castable on the move but it has a CD and so may not always be up when needed to save yourself and your group. There is also little a disc priest can do on the move vs a resto druid–well, except for Renew (which all of the experts say to not cast) and one Power Word: Shield, compounding the whole mobility thing even more.

1 Like

Anyone remember that sweet ability where you go into stealth and leave that shadow clone jutsu behind? Did it give a speed boost while stealthed?

1 Like

I used to have SO much fun with that one

1 Like

That was Spectral Guise.

No speed boost, just leaves behind a shadow clone for a few seconds (6 sec if I recall correctly).

But one trick you can to do was preplant some feathers going in the direction you plan on going, then Shield yourself and then use Spectral Guise and make your way over the feathers.

When the feathers were 80% speed boost, you can cover some serious ground while stealthed for a short duration.

This was amazing in PvP and especially so in Ashran during WoD.

Pair Spectral Guise with Dispersion and the Ashran Priest spell that allowed you to fly for a short duration (Ascension I think) as well as if you were geared and lucky enough to loot the Ancient artifact and with using Cascade mixed with Ashran buffs and your + damage modifiers like Twist of Fate and the legendary ring and you can decimate the entire enemy team.

Ah fun times lol.

1 Like