Priest LF 8/10 Hardcore Guild

About me:

I’m an old fart who played Vanilla WoW for 25-40hrs.+/week. I stopped when rogues started to get self-healing and pandas starting running around the countryside.

PVE - I’ve done every fight in MC/BWL/NAXX/ZG. AQ40 I’ve done a few. Typically I’ve been in the ‘pretty decent’ category on the meters and don’t do too many boneheaded mistakes. Where I excel is I’ll have my consumables ready to go, I’ll be on time and play the entire raid time, and I’ll be low drama.

PVP - I will want to PVP quite a bit, so a guild that is focused on doing premades and grouping for world PVP is a huge plus. I plan on hitting at least Rank 10. Again I’d say I’m ‘pretty decent’ but no one is going to write songs about how great I am at it.

Leveling:
I’m hoping to find a guild/group who I can level with. I’ll be the healer in our dungeons (or can dps if someone wants to heal). I’d also really like to find at least one mage, and maybe a warlock, to really xp farm mobs to get greens and cloth. I’ll be enchanting/tailoring; I want to hit those wands fast to speed up leveling and sell them quick in the first day. My dream is to find a nuts mage like myself who will farm world humanoids for hours to get tons of cloth/gold while we level.

Spec: The easiest spec to level for priests is shadow, and it is a very viable healer in leveling 5mans. Likely at BRD and beyond pre raid there will be a need for healers so I can swap to holy. I’d prefer to stay shadow however.(shadow does have very good +hit compared to other classes in phase 1). During phase 2 I’ll want to swap to shadow.

What I mean by 8/10 Hardcore guild is I’m looking for a fairly hardcore guild, but not the pee in a bottle, raid 12hrs a day 6 days a week version of hardcore. I’m not the world first guild type, playing private servers for years type, but I’m the ‘I generally know how to play and are pretty good at it’ type.

I prefer DKP loot system, a system that is measurable and transparent. The key thing that makes me not go full balls out raiding is feeling like drops are not fair. I could be persuaded that a loot council system could work given how it is done; but I’d be pretty quick to gquit if it looks obviously unfair.

Alliance or Horde: I’m undecided at this point. My thought process is I’m assuming most PVP servers will have at least 60% horde, so I’d prefer to roll alliance for the target rich setting. If I magically knew the server I picked would be 50/50 pop, I could go either way. I just hope its not the case where world pvp is 10 horde vs. 1 alliance.

Thanks for your consideration.

2 Likes

I feel like you would be a good addition to our guild; if you can make our raid times that is. We are currently looking for our one shadow priest going forward in classic (to main shadow the entire time). I’m going to post a shortened version of our recruitment post below and please, feel free to get in contact with someone if you’d like

:small_orange_diamond:Guild Name: Hourglass
:small_blue_diamond:Link to recruitment post: [H] ⌛ Hourglass | Atiesh| Hardcore | Weekend Night Raiding | 10/10 MC 1/1 Ony
General Information: :hourglass:Hourglass is a Horde (PvE) raiding focused guild founded by a few friends who have been playing and raiding together for quite some time; as well as to having multiple class and vanilla raiding experience. We are looking for other like-minded individuals looking to progress at a steady pace going forward for Classic raiding. However, we consider ourselves to be a hardcore raiding guild environment and raid team members will be treated as such.
:small_orange_diamond:Raid Times and Days: Saturday 9pm EST – 1am EST (6pm PST - 10pm PST) and Sunday 9pm EST – 1am EST (6pm PST - 10pm PST)
:small_blue_diamond:Server: Atiesh (pst normal server)
:small_orange_diamond:Loot Distribution: Loot Council
:small_blue_diamond:Voice Communication: Discord

Contact Information:
please feel free to contact anyone listed below to discuss joining the guild. An interview will more than likely occur. We do not do applications
:small_blue_diamond: Bnet: MakkachinSox#1572 or Discord: MakkachinSox#1438 : Guild Master, Ranged DPS leader, Raid Assist/Recruiter
:small_orange_diamond: Bnet: Synergy#1765 or Discord: Synergy#2154 : Guild Master, Lead Main Tank, Lead Raid Lead/Lead Raid Recruiter

Hey Mooxxoom, we would love to have you a part of our team at Risk. Your post is one of the best LFG posts we have seen yet. We check the boxes on all your preferences. We need a full time shadow priest. 35/40 or close to right now. Also Pagle is largely Alliance at the moment… so we need more Horde for sure. Please check out our recruitment thread and join us on Discord if your interested.🇺🇸 (H) <Risk> Pagle / 2nights / LF Rogues

Hey friend! Zenith will be Horde-side on Herod (PvP-EST), and would be interested in talking further with you! We’ll be raiding 8pm-11pm EST on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and looking to see what works for schedules for PvP beyond that.

Would love to talk to you more to see if we’d be a good match. We’ll be utilizing a zero-sum DKP loot system; you should see my spreadsheet. :slight_smile: Hit me up if you’re interested!

Discord (preferred): DJ#7415
Btag: DJRay87#1487

Hope to hear from you, and good luck in your search!

Hey Buddy! If you decide Alliance, we’d be a good fit for you I think. Here’s a link to our full post. Feel free to shoot me a message on discord Firestoned#9463.

<ETS> [A] [Stalagg][PVP] TU-Fri 8:30-11:30 P.M EST GUILD IS RECRUITING! I’ll leave this here take a loot and see if its a good fit.

Feel free to check us out! <ENCORE> (A) | Voted Best Alliance PvE Guild | Grobbulus (RP-PvP)

Hey there, I’m running a guild on herod alliance side and we’d love to have you. Have about 90 of us in discord currently. MWF 8 to 11pm CST raid times. Seems like your goals and our goals are pretty well alligned. If you wanna talk hit me up on discord. Magedaddy#4559

Checking to see if you found a home yet. If not again feel free to check us out!