Prevent bracket mafia in PVP this time

I played in Vanilla WOW and loved PVP, Played day and night as much as I could and never had any abuse or issues. it was never about Rank but being able to just enjoy as much PVP content as possible,

But In Classic wow I tried to repeat that original experience to suddenly be on the receiving end of a load of abuse and harassment, for a system some people had created to exploit the PVP system (This was called the bracket system) it was created by people selling PVP boosting and run by them but made out it was for the benefit of anyone trying to rank. of course this meant anyone who was just enjoying the PVP content like myself who had accidently broke there (imaginary!) Bracket was suddenly abused and followed/harassed and repeatedly told they ‘wasn’t allowed’ to do anymore PVP that week, personally I think no one should tell me I can’t play a game I sub and enjoy because a group of people exploiting the PVP system had set their own (imaginary!) Bracket system so low, it was effected by anyone just trying to enjoy the game.

Please Blizzard, don’t let the bracket mafia or the Bracket system be an issue for us players who just want to enjoy the game as you created it to be enjoyed.

25 Likes

If u are talking about the pool increase it did benefit everyone. The bracket system is based on the number of participants for pvp. If u only have 50 people doing bgs that means at the higher ranks it will be more difficult.

If u are talking about your server cooperating and setting up an honor cap for everyone again it benefits everyone because it allows to keep the required honor for the next rank low.

Example on mankrik during wsg weekend the honor cap for those in the bracket 13 would be 550k with the closest player to hwl getting 565k.

If servers don’t do this honor would be free for all and it would make the grind to rank 10-14 difficult as u would most likely need to ensure to get 1 million honor to be on the safe side.

There is also bracket breakers that don’t want to participate so the above system allows for adjustments for the higher bracket people to get more honor if necessary.

If u don’t want any above u need to ask blizz for no xrealm bgs.

8 Likes

Then why was there so many story’s and experiences of people being followed, harassed and abused, told not to play anymore PVP that week on a game that they pay for? I got countless screenshots of abuse and harassment by the bracket mafia towards myself, the Bracket system was created to exploit the PVP system, that broke the T&C’s of the game, as does the abuse and harassment that the bracket mafia enforcing the Bracket system created. its toxicity that ruined Wow classic for many and shouldn’t be entertained. the PVP rank system needs to be relooked at to compensate for people like yourself who seemed to have participated in the Bracket system and for those who aren’t interested in someone else’s imaginary rule book (Bracket system ) that broke blizzards own T&C’s of the game.

8 Likes

Because that is a bracket breaker and the first thing people try to do is ask that person nicely. If they refuse they try to get them in discord and talk there.

If that doesn’t happen then internet human nature takes effect and they harass the person while trying to ensure the bracket isn’t broken fir those cooperating.

Here is an example if u are a sergeant u don’t need 550k honor during a wsg weekend because u will maybe go 3 ranks total. All u are doing is adding weeks to other players don’t u think the smart thing to do is stay in line get them out of the way and then take your turn.

If u break a bracket ur grind won’t shorten more than likely it will be longer because the other players will just grind harder.

Also its not against any rules it’s players of a community cooperating with each other to help ensure goals are met as quick as possible.

Mankrik had a couple bracket breakers when I was climbing only a couple didn’t cooperate and got blacklisted by the entire server.

7 Likes

I respect your Honest answer, but the moment someone tells someone else they can’t play a game that they play the Sub for then harasses, abuses and tries to bullies that person because they broke rules in someone else’s imaginary rule book (that exploits the games own PVP system who Boosting services use to abuse for there own paid services) then that’s ‘not’ OK.

But clearly this is a more deep rooted issue that’s created by the rank system with the way some people now want to play, its an issue creating unnecessary toxicity that I hope Blizzard really do pay attention too and fix.

15 Likes

I’m not saying it’s right to harass the player doing it. U are absolutely correct u pay the sub and should be able to play u want too. The system was alot more broken in the original game with account sharing and top end guilds controlling the bracket system to there will.

Classic is about community so to me there is nothing wrong with the community getting together and putting a system in place that is fair for most.

I never harassed any person that did there own thing in fact my team had a bracket breaker at the start of our climb and then we were offered to join the pvp community.

I will just ask a couple questions how many hours did u pvp during classic? Did u get burnt out? And if u think about it now if u did get burnt out do u think it would have been better just to join your server pvp community and maybe have time to relax.

2 Likes

On my server, I honestly can’t imagine someone breaking top brackets by legitimately playing for fun. But regardless, if someone really wants to pvp for 100 hours a week simply for fun and doesn’t care about ranking, the main thing you could do is just legitimately keep track of your honor and keep the pvp community updated so they can make sure they have more honor than you and they don’t lose their rank.

4 Likes

Full respect for your answer and to be honest if everyone had your principles and respect for other players then it wouldn’t have become an issue of controlling/abuse and bullying behaviour that unfortunately people have experienced.

I personally did play a lot of hours, but I’m one of those players who just enjoyed playing a lot, so never burned out, but I wasn’t doing it for the rank but because I loved the PVP and the classic style of PVP, you could say that’s how I relaxed, you’ll find a lot of people are the same. in vanilla you paid your Sub and just PVP’d until life didn’t permit otherwise.

(Only issues to worry about then was the electricity being cut for not paying the bills :wink: )

1 Like

Ideally they’d rework the entire 1-14 system all together. Its terrible and excludes anyone with a job.

21 Likes

That was the problem, they set there brackets so low at one point that people who knew nothing about the system and were just playing for fun suddenly found themselves under attack and abused/harassed, people selling boosting services wanted the bracket as low as possible and actively went on a crusade to ensure it (good for their business ) unfortunately when moneys involved, things get really nasty, not everyone’s intentions was honest.

4 Likes

Agree with this 100% … fingers crossed huh

2 Likes

I think the whole rank 14 system is garbage and it should just be done away I think you should kill players get honor and just buy your PVP gear with that.

9 Likes

And agreed however I would argue that the whole PVP system in classic breeds toxicity It’s not good for casual or hardcore players and it makes the game into a job.

And literally caused these 2 to be known as a server killer patch it should be done away with It doesn’t accomplish anything good there’s nobody that goes around claiming oh yeah I got grand Marshall or high war Lord.

It’s just Oh wow you did that yourself wow I’m I’m sorry I can say I played on a low pop server and I ranked to rank 12 by myself Now I can say when I was ranking I was asked nicely.

I almost bracket broke and I was like OK I’m sorry you know I’m I’m sorry I didn’t know thank you for telling me.

However I had a friend who was not so nice and bracket broke and screwed over a whole bunch of people Hey guess what happened he got he got well spammed reported essentially.

And he wasn’t permaband thankfully however he got suspended for a good 2 weeks Again the original PVP system is not a good system it should not come back it’s not good.

And even hardcore PVP players that these are people that were taken to blizzcon for pvp And even they say never again So if it’s bad enough for people like that to say it’s bad that’s a really good indication it should not come back into the game.

Is an at minimal at very very minimal I would say Is do away with the bracket system and just make honor caps.

And get rid of The 20% degration Minimally and when I meet by honor It’s like OK so you farmed this much honor you’re this rank you achieved that honor cap.

I would say if you farmed over 2 million honor you’re good you’ve earned it And yeah the hardcore players are going to get it faster good.

The more casual players will get it slower that’s OK to be I don’t know done But that’s my take on it I don’t think the original PVP system serves anyone and it just shouldn’t Have been brought back and it shouldn’t come back again.

Is weeb sheen Is the bad that it causes And I can’t think of a single positive aspect of it aside from is aside from O bragging rights Really.

And if that’s the best thing about a system then it’s not good

2 Likes

Again I agree 100% agree I think they should just get rid of it Just let us do PVP for marks and honor like in tbc Is simple solved

1 Like

Agreed. Along with bots and mage boosting this is the most glaring issue with the relaunch. Hoping for a PvP revamp. It also needs to make sense within the 12 month lifecycle.

-Someone who has a job and wants to pvp.

4 Likes

I dont disagree with you about anything u said but having done r13 on vanilla and r12 in classic I preferred r12 because I didn’t have to take 2 weeks off and spam bgs for 24 hrs while receiving whispers from players in the top end guild calling me names.

Yes the ranking system is trash and I have no intention of doing it again as I am still burnt out from classic. I got rank 12 at this time last year. Between now and then classic and BC I have done 1 bg.

3 Likes

Agree, it would certainly help towards reducing the toxicity, I’d hope :+1: The amount of people IRL that I know who have stopped playing and not even interested in Classic, when I ask why sadly they all mostly say the games too toxic, be it’d PVP or PVE, its a really sad state of affairs, it not something I blame blizzard for but do expect them to make the game where people feel safe and can have fun, if that means ‘changing’ anything that would have promoted others to be toxic, then so be it as its not the friendly 2004 we enjoyed vanilla in anymore. :yellow_heart:

I agree with the viewpoints on some of the others here, Emorgiss and others.

The bracket system is pretty much good for everyone. I ranked with the bracket system and also ranked a character at the end of Classic with the FFA system and ranking with brackets was DRASTICALLY better. The bracket system benefited the vast majority of the ranking player base. It allowed the most people to rank in as little time as possible. It also created a really solid PVP community and I have many friends still who I met by ranking with.

I can’t speak for all servers, I know there were some outliers for example Skeram horde, but I can speak for the majority.

Almost everyone I know who got “harassed” was the extremely selfish type who should not be playing an MMO at all. How it would work is you’d see someone getting close with honor and you’d have a chat and try to come to a compromise and also offer to include them in the PVP community and in general work with them. The people who only cared about themselves and didn’t care about others at all would refuse to understand anything and fight back.

I don’t know a single person who broke brackets just playing for fun, for more than one week anyway. Every one of them was a “rebel with something to prove” who “Didn’t want to be told what to do”. Most pushed themselves so hard by getting 1 hour of sleep etc that they stopped even trying within a few weeks because they couldn’t handle it anymore.

If you do not like Classic ranking don’t do it. You have Retail and TBCC where you can have the social skills of a gnat and completely lack the ability to hold down a job and if you are skilled enough sell carries and live off of that along with your government handout. The PVP community there is an absolute garbage dump but hey what does that matter? Just play that if you don’t like other people.

1 Like

sounds like someone told you not to do something and you listened to them.
Thats on you totally… why do you care what they say? Grow some back bone and stop asking Blizzard to come hold your hand and protect you against everything.

imagine thinking abuse is OK, alot of those players did stop playing an MMO after being abused. well done and the game is now were its at /slow clap …

5 Likes