Presences just done?

Out of curiosity, what’s the pushback on dk presences returning in some capacity?

Feel like they added that extra bit of fantasy, while adding interesting power/utility

1 Like

Looking very unlikely

I think the main issue is you select whatever is the best and sit in it forever unless you’re getting your face punched in and switch to Blood Presence. I think if they brought them back, they should apply the same process they did for Warrior stances. Unholy/Frost depending on spec for one node and Blood Presence for the other node.

with the stuff that should be baseline in the general tree it would take a bit of rework to remodel it to put them in at the top or something

At first I’ve thought about a very unique way for Presences to return that are not just pure stats but a way to interact with your Global Cooldowns much like Unholy Presence reducing global cooldowns.

Turns out it was too powerful and if presence would return in form of raw stats, it’s not gonna be any different from Warrior’s stances. I see Warrior Stances got a bit cut depending on the spec.

2 Likes

While I don’t hate them like I did with Warrior stances, I don’t think they are really good for the game and they would likely be trash if Blizzard added them now with how they currently design skills.

I was hoping they would return in an updated fashion, similar to how the mage general tree is set up Each spec has their own presence. Then give it an active skill that will give DKs raid utility.

Maybe you empower your presence for X seconds. Increasing leech by 20% for all raid members for X period of time. Or increases all primary stats by X amount for a period of time. Imagine a bloodlust skill, but instead of haste given, it will increase all primary stats by a large amount.

They could honestly just make it baseline now that I think of it. Death Presence: Increases all primary stats for the raid (or party, which ever works) by X% for X seconds. Passively increases the dks leech by 5% at all times.

Or honestly, what about a crit version of bloodlust that has its own version of sated?

There is a lot they could do.

I believe someone mentioned before Shadowfrost presence. Increases haste and crit by 4% for you and the entire raid. Activate it to give an effect worth using. There is a lot they could do, and could also solve the DK utility at the same time.

*Edit, for another idea with the shadowfrost theme.
Shadowfrost Presence. All damaging skills(not auto attacks but actual skills you press) and spells do an additional 3% damage as shadowfrost. Activate to make the percent 15% for 20 seconds. 3 min cd

2 Likes

i like the idea, but i think as something base line moving away from the death, unholy or frost, something that all specs are connected with like Runic Power. Watching the intro trailer for WoTLK and seeing Arthus use his runic power to empower his blade and transfer that to sindragosa. I like that idea of having an active.
something like “Runic Empowerment” the death knight surges with Runic energies filling their allies with unimaginable might" increase xx stat by xx for xx seconds

Could add in one or more of them as a non-mixing hour long buff ala Arcane Intellect and the like.

Might not be your bag, but if you play DK in WoTLK classic the class just feels absolutely amazing.

2 Likes

I want them back but we do not want blizzard returning them the way they returned Auras for Paladins. Removing their mounted speed passive and turning it into an Aura and generally making a pathetic joke out of ret aura.

1 Like

I think adding in more unique party buffs into the game is bad. It’s already a nightmare trying to get every unique buff into a raid comp.

I agree DKs needs some group utility love, but it shouldn’t be what you suggested. Maybe un-nerfing AMZ, or making necrotic aura a PvE talent that doesn’t stack with DHs, or turning horn of winter into battleshout(unlikely since they just moved out to the frost tree).

1 Like

This is the issue. Nothing extra is needed. Everything else like actives and so on isnt a presence and most of the suggestions are already covered by another ability.

In wrath what happens? You sit in a presence. If you are a tank you sit in frost presence for the extra threat and so on. You dont have any other option and it costs a rune to swap and you dont want to waste runes swapping presence for no real gain.

The swap doesnt actually help unless you are in something like Blood spec which has a lot of single rune spenders and you can affort do swap to another presence without a big hit to your dps. If you swap to Frost in say frost or unholy, you lose out on a 2 rune spender.

Its nostalgia at this point and nothing more.

We want Blood Presence for PvP, that’s the big ask, maybe it should come back as a PvP talent, because since losing Blood Presence, Death Knights despite wearing plate armour have felt paper thin when it came to taking damage.

DKs the plate wearing class, takes more of a beating from melee than cloth wearers.

They could have baked the effects of blood pres into vet, brought back toughness, and fridged dread plate where using to your frost abilities causes blowback that coats your armor in nice that increases armor and migration and advoidness

Plate means absolutely nothing against magic damage. So for instance people complained about ret pally in pvp. Plate armor is going to do nothing to its magic damage when all the damage modifiers are also applied.

Warrior is physical damage so armor has an impact but their damage is tuned for it. Frost has a way to bypass armor completely.

So if people want armor to actually have an impact against melee then magic damage has to go down and have some kind of armor pen implemented.

RW could be our damage soak for physical and magic ranged damage and augments ams when it’s up an press RW due to gathering will extend ams and RW

Hm, I wonder what will more likely happen. This or removing the RP cost from Raise Ally.

:thinking:

I’ve been remembering the original design of DKs when WotLK came out. I really missed the old auras blood, frost, and unholy aura. That to me felt more ‘DK’ themed which was started in wc3. I really wish they hadn’t removed the auras. I loved the class fantasy they brought.