Prepare for a healer shortage in Raids

They said it was the case for group loot, which I’m not exactly sure why that would be the case. The whole reason we needed the ilvl restriction lifted was because PL does not give us any agency on funneling gear where it needs to go.

Wishful thinking they mean to expand that sentiment to any loot rule they let us play with.

“They haven’t confirmed it’s going away in live clearly yet so obviously it’s just for testing” uh huh yup whatever helps you sleep.

It’s not quite obvious Bliz plan on getting rid of it to please all the classic players the people saying otherwise are either coping or purposely spreading misinformation so people won’t make the fact the player base wants personal loot to stay clear

Like make it loud and clear no one wants this now and hopefully Bliz will change their mind

1 Like

Sometimes false hope is better then no hope at all!! Gotta have faith Blizzard will do the right thing.

1 Like

I’m not saying loot won’t be tradable. I’m saying that we won’t know how well the new system will work out until after the expansion drops and the raid opens.

Please read the actual blue post in it’s entirety and not just the clippings WoWhead decided to take.

oh, gotcha gotcha. I can see group loot being a success if they keep the table determination we have with PL. But blizzard loves things that waste our time, so it may be DOA. Testing hasn’t gone live yet, so we don’t even know what this iteration will look like.

I did read it haven’t even read the wowhead article why don’t you read it specifically this

If it wasn’t coming to live why would they want feedback on how

It’s not clickbait read the above the Blood Elf Death Knight probably wants the system to return and is simply spreading misinformation so people won’t make it clear to Blizzard that most players do not want this

1 Like

It’s for raid testing on the PTR. They also tested warmode by forcing everyone into WM, but did they make all realms WM exclusive?

Unless they outright state they will remove PL, I suggest you seek clarification rather than sweeping statements about removing yourself from the LFR que.

1 Like

It’s for raid testing on Dragonflight BETA of the new Dragonflight raid like seriously

It’s almost 2am be gentle on my typos :sob:

“Blizzard has released a giant blog post on changes and experiments coming to raid loot in Dragonflight Season 1.”

Doesn’t sound like this is going to be a “beta” thing but a test season like they are doing with season 4 on retail right now.

2 Likes

But it is a BETA thing. They said look forward to it tomorrow. We have played this game with multiple loot systems before, and getting a new one doesn’t mean deleting another. Not too long ago PL existed alongside ML, for instance.

They’re forcing this system on the beta to collect feedback instead of having people test purely with the familiar.

Yeah I don’t want to go back to this system it’s just ugh NTY

1 Like

OP is FoTM rerolling, and fuming at the possibility of a popular DPS class (Hunter) rolling on gear they feel aren’t good for Hunter.

People get so crazy over gear. If you play, you’ll get gear. There’s never been a single person who ended a tier in questing greens that played every week (unless all they did was quest).

But as a healer-main, I’ll gladly get even better invite reaction time when I feel like doing content if other healers are quitting.

A hunter has every right though to roll on mail gear and won’t be able to roll for healer weapons and trinkets.

Don’t understand the issue.

I love a nice 2 hander on my classic hunter. when you hit like butt may as well hit the with a bigger stick, so to speak, for when it does connect.

daggers in theory are faster. faster to miss or be parried lol.

yet as a hunter, i lost so many upgrades to people need rolling on stuff.

its people being people. Can you all imagine what its going to be like with the community of today? Taking a bath in a nuclear reactor sounds more relaxing

hunters can use staves.

the code won’t see oh its a “healer” staff.

hunter needs a weapon they can by code use. it can roll out.

trinkets…here is how week 1 I bypassed ilevels to get into content.

the int trinket crafted by scribes. 200 ilevel for jsut a few coins to go with the agility one. Useless? most definately. it cleared ilevel game rules however. game only disallows 2 of same trinket. Agility and Int you could mix up. the int was cheaper than the str one at the time.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be so sure in Retail these days. Loot has been coded per class and per spec ever since PL became the defacto way gear was distributed. I can’t get an agility staff on my mage, and I have to specifically tick a box to get a polearm on monk that neither my warrior or paladin can pick up regardless of the fact they can personally wield the weapon type.

1 Like

I do too.

But what about stuff like the Arbiter’s Gavel from the Jailer? I hear Druids use it, even though it is Strength instead of Agility, because of the effect.

If this loot system were in place, and main stat locked, Druids could not get the Gavel as a Need roll. It would have to be given to them by some one else who was able to roll need and won it - or if no one needed it, and it went to a Greed Roll, the Druid would have a shot.

But he might not get the option to click Need if it dropped - and I imagine that would be a bummer.

its the same code that give outlaws daggers…and non outlaw swords.

1 Like