Prepare for a healer shortage in Raids

Welp just lost one Healer and I doubt I’ll be the only one like I am not queuing LFR or joining pugs as Preservation Evoker just to lose healer gear specifically stuff too Hunters who role need on stuff they don’t actually need

Edit to fix wording make things more clear :dracthyr_tea:

But whilst I still hate the system apparently there will be protections in place so Hunters won’t be able to roll on Intellect gear and Evoker tier pieces presumably so original post is kinda outdated from before more clarification was made just not joining PUGs

13 Likes

Don’t run with people you don’t know/trust.

Set loot rules that make sense with said people you know/trust.

In other words: don’t random pug.

Blizz will eventually learn that Legion PL in pugs and the choice between PL/GL for full guild runs is the way they should’ve done it.

At least… we can hope they’re smart enough to do that.

Edit to add: Wowhead’s post is a troll. They cut up the blue post and left out the important bits. This is currently just for testing. We don’t know what options will go live.

7 Likes

Ahh we’re goin back to the good ole days!! All weapons are hunter weapons!

11 Likes

I dont think 1 person holds the loot, way it works is you loot a box pops up you hit roll if you get highest roll it automagically goes ot you. There wont be a gatekeeper saying nope you cant have that.

If a group g/kicks you cause you dont trade it after you won a roll, well your probably better off without that group

3 Likes

Yup seems that way and as I plan on maining Preservation Evoker I’ll probably get to compete with them on Mail Armour as well “yay”

1 Like

as someone who plays on a roleplay server occasionally I personally am going to need many items in my bags for roleplay reasons. especially ones I cannot equip.

3 Likes

Later versions of need/greed didn’t allow you to roll need on an item your class couldn’t use.

I assume that will still be the case here.

12 Likes

I don’t get gear with PL so nothing will change :blue_heart:

It’s also just a test. M+ will continue to be the best way to gear in DF, so you’re on your own for getting your trinkets as always.

ETA:

I’m starting to think people only ever experienced group loot in Classic and not the highly restricted version that came later on. My biggest complaint with that version of GL was not being able to need on offspec items without paying that spec.

2 Likes

#WorldOfWarcraftDevsPostingTheirLs

4 Likes

And?Just like how druid , DH, Rogue and monk all use the same type of armor. Same with mage lock and priest and warrior DK and Pally

So you are saying other class who use the same type or armor as your class they are not allow to roll against you? Seems like you are the the one being unreasonable.

3 Likes

This is the important thing you needed to read here. Hunt will probably have your gear Need-disabled because it will be intellect stuff, else they’ll need it as well. The specs who will compete with you will technically only be Elem Sham, Resto Sham and other Evokers.

you seem to have forgot gear now is not main stat locked like in the past. The gear on my hunter has both agility and intellect on it. They did that to limit the need to make multiple of the same gear for different classes and specs, also so classes like druid and paladin didn’t need different sets for each spec.

2 Likes

Like I know critical thinking and reading comprehension is non existent on GD anymore but why would just healers stop raiding if everyone could need any item?

which isn’t going to happen anyways and this is just another dumb knee jerk lack of iq bait post.

1 Like

They’re still right because the game internally assigns a /roll to each of the eligible players in the party. If two mail tops drop with four mail classes in the party, they all rolled need under PL.

They can use the pieces so the roll goes through.

1 Like

Why would you and hunters be allowed to roll need on an item unless you both need it?

If you hate rolling vs hunters, I have bad new for you OP you already are, you are rolling vs every other class under personal loot.

3 Likes

I think their point is that healers aren’t on the priority list. But it doesn’t seem to be a problem here if they happen to roll higher :thinking: Maybe they thought one person is in full control and distributes.

Healer’s arn’t prio in guild groups anyways with or without PL.

In pugs just need if you need an item even if a dps is crying that they “TOTALLY NEED THAT ITEM OMG”

I was replying to this

[quote=“Eräh-kirin-tor, post:11, topic:1352640”]
This is the important thing you needed to read here. Hunt will probably have your gear Need-disabled because it will be intellect stuff, else they’ll need it as well.
[/quote
The only items that might be restricted are trinkets.

I’m a healer main, gonna switch to PreVoker come DF, I’ll be honest I loved Personal Loot, I don’t understand why the removed it, finally I’d get Loot, looks like it’s going to the old times where heals be last for loot…

3 Likes