Prepaid phone? No custom LFG group for you!

I have Cricket cellular. Blizz says this is “prepaid”.

Due to this, I can’t add my number. Or my wife’s, since its also Cricket.

This means, even though I’ve had my account AND authenticator for YEARS, I can no longer make custom games, and I still am seeing spam groups in LFG, which is extremely aggravating to say the least, since I can’t make my legit groups to push my key and rating. LFG is where 100% of my gameplay comes from.

PLEASE FIX THIS. I’ve spoken to 3 GMs and sent in a Dev/bug report, but I don’t have a lot of faith in that avenue. I don’t have much faith here either, but I know for a fact I’m not alone. Please fix this, please allow me to either: add my “prepaid” phone number or: let me NOT need to have SMS alerts.

2 Likes

Uh… yes you can.

You just can’t go BIG DCK DPS, PUMPERS ONLY LULZ!!! in your title name.

1 Like

How bout Ret lf Rsham for 2.1k push, how am I supposed to post that smarty pants?

Don’t act like not being able to create custom groups isn’t an issue. This is a huge issue for me, and I wish people wouldn’t just throw it under the rug. Trying to belittle my problem serves what purpose? Just to make me mad I guess?

I need a dev to read this, please no snarky rude comments that serve 0 purpose.

1 Like

Half-fill the group first, and then ask the group if someone has the ability to edit the title. People who do usually are cool to take over the lead and list it for you. Just tell them who you want to invite.\

By the way, does Blizz suck with this Auth/SMS requirement to edit the title? Of course. The ads are already back and spamming in the group finder. Any horrible public policies like the Prohibition (18th Amendment), which does not achieve the goal and causes only public harm, should be repealed promptly.

And yet we still have spam posts in LFG for sales.

1 Like

Lol, this is hilarious.

So, a buddy of mine from work keeps extolling the wonders of non-mainstream cellular phone providers. Like Cricket.

“They’re cheaper”. “They have the same network”. “You don’t need that much data or speed”.

Gotta send him this to remind him why I don’t cheap out on my cell service.

Their also hand-me-down phones on a low priority service. Just hope nothing happens to the bandwidth in your area, prepaid phone service is the first to be kicked.