Preferred Corruptions

I had a question for you all. On the Destruction Warlock Discord they suggest 1 Gushing Wound, 3-5 Expedients then whatever after that. I have a Gushing wound now and I NEVER and I mean NEVER see it hit. Can someone clarify for me why we would need Gushing Wounds as a warlock? I mean I get the Exepedients for the haste but why Gushing Wound?? thanks!

The reason 1 gushing wound is preferred is because the dot tick does have a chance to proc your vision of perfection essence.

Which is really good because more infernal procs = more consistent shard generation and bigger bolts.

However, it is not mandatory and most destruction warlocks do not even run it. Expedient is all around the best possible corruption to stack

2 Likes

Thanks! that’s what I was wanting to find out. Appreciate it

Just have fun with it use what ever you want its gonna be gone soon

Each piece of Gushing Wounds accounts for 2% of my dps at the end of a dungeon. Pretty reliably. I’m using 3 475 pieces with GW & ran 2 keys yday. Predictably 6% of my dps.

Didn’t consider it earlier as I was still stacking haste, but now that I’m happy with where my haste is, 6% is 6%. Not too shabby.