Preference: New AV or Old AV

Considering the route 1.12 has left us with - I would think it would be the AV you don’t want.

:slight_smile:

i always thought they should just totally rip off planetside and make it a territory battle.

• if you take a node(kill the commander and hold it for 5 min) it becomes your teams node, restock it then guards will spawn, that moves the spawn point up.

• have more than a single path victory

• some nodes give a bonus, decrease spawn time, increase damage 5%…

• no way to zerg it, cheap win

it might actually be really fun.

Personally I would love a version Korak the Bloodrager and players dropping items like Dwarf Spines, Orc Teeth, or Human Bone Chips.

Will we get it though? no, Blizzard is adamant on not doing this. The only reason I am not all up in arms over it, is that they are technically correct by using the 1.12 version given that is the patch classic wow is in. I respect when someone is technically correct.

Maybe swap it then? Would that be better?

I remember AV, long week long battles.

I’d prefer the original with the NPC fights and slow painful progression with the opposition turtling and farming for honor.

Those were fun… to me.

1 Like

The one that allowed fishing please.

It’s the only time I’ve ever been able to stand fishing. Something about getting honor & rep at the same time made it palatable.

Only wish we could do AV (as well as all other BGs) in single realm mode for a phase or two to get closer to the true vanilla feel of pvp. But it’s not a biggie.

Old AV everytime.

If given the choice between no AV and new AV, then new AV it is. AV is my favorite BG, so I need it in some form despite my preference.

1 Like

Better, but best would be not having the milquetoast 1.12 AV anywhere NEAR classic.

The way things are right now it seems like you could just tank all 4 adds plus drek/van with no problems. Old AV definitely gets my vote.

Old AV.

Not even comparable. No competition.

Old AV 100%.

4 Likes

You can always tell who knows very little about the map when this claim is made.

1 Like

Old AV. I want weeklong battles.

I think a lot of Horde (I’ve only played Horde) got suckered in on the bridge and didn’t realize you could avoid that chokepoint with some coordination.

new av it ends…lol.

AV favors horde, they spawn halfway up the damn map while the alliance start as far away as possible.

1.12 AV is better AV.

Right, ok.

I can live with that.

Old av by a large margin.

Old av is the only bg or dedicated pvp server I’ve ever been in that felt like you were in a real war. It deserves its own place in the museum. As great as vanilla was, old av was probably even greater.

Old av is a masterpiece.

3 Likes

Half the reason I’m here is classic AV.

Old, but not so old that it might take several days to win a match :rofl:
I liked it best when the average match lasted around 45min to an hour if both teams were alright, so whatever version that was.