Preference: New AV or Old AV

I just want to play AV in the Classic world. It was an essential part of my vanilla experience and pretty much my favorite BG ever. I don’t do PVE end content raids. I only go up to 5 mans in that direction. So some place like AV with lots of people and plenty of different types of chaos going on at once is really fun for me.

Ideally I’d want the version that goes on for a super long stretches of time, but I’ll take what I can get.

So you want the most watered down version also the most easily accessed and safe from WPVP?

Your bias is showing.

v1.7 AV was the high water mark. Everything after was a slide into mediocrity. Much like the game itself over 15 years.

4 Likes

Not even a question. Original AV is the best and was one of my absolute favorite features of the game, hands down.

2 Likes

This 100 times over.

1 Like

Old, without cross-realm garbage.

2 Likes

1.12+ AV is absolute garbage. It’s basically every modern MMO - tries to satisfy everyone and in return satisfies no one instead. The people who are only there for gear won’t use it for honor(because it’s trash for honor) and the people who want epic long BG’s won’t be happy and won’t play it because it’s just 15 minute boring rushes.

Using 1.12 AV shows how out of touch Blizzard is with all their games in the past 15 years and why they have ruined every single game in the past 15 years and do not make good games anymore.

3 Likes

No, bonus honor weekends are trash. I should be able to play whatever I want whenever I want. Keep your mobile-korean trash game design as far away from my 2004 game as possible.

2 Likes

I believe vanilla had bonus honor weekends.

Not to mention the cross-realm BGs which brought nothing but issues while siphoning away fun.
Being entirely clueless about their own products and playerbase is Blizzard’s forte nowadays.

1 Like

Considering the route 1.12 has left us with - I would think it would be the AV you don’t want.

:slight_smile:

i always thought they should just totally rip off planetside and make it a territory battle.

• if you take a node(kill the commander and hold it for 5 min) it becomes your teams node, restock it then guards will spawn, that moves the spawn point up.

• have more than a single path victory

• some nodes give a bonus, decrease spawn time, increase damage 5%…

• no way to zerg it, cheap win

it might actually be really fun.

Personally I would love a version Korak the Bloodrager and players dropping items like Dwarf Spines, Orc Teeth, or Human Bone Chips.

Will we get it though? no, Blizzard is adamant on not doing this. The only reason I am not all up in arms over it, is that they are technically correct by using the 1.12 version given that is the patch classic wow is in. I respect when someone is technically correct.

Maybe swap it then? Would that be better?

I remember AV, long week long battles.

I’d prefer the original with the NPC fights and slow painful progression with the opposition turtling and farming for honor.

Those were fun… to me.

1 Like

The one that allowed fishing please.

It’s the only time I’ve ever been able to stand fishing. Something about getting honor & rep at the same time made it palatable.

Only wish we could do AV (as well as all other BGs) in single realm mode for a phase or two to get closer to the true vanilla feel of pvp. But it’s not a biggie.

Old AV everytime.

If given the choice between no AV and new AV, then new AV it is. AV is my favorite BG, so I need it in some form despite my preference.

1 Like

Better, but best would be not having the milquetoast 1.12 AV anywhere NEAR classic.

The way things are right now it seems like you could just tank all 4 adds plus drek/van with no problems. Old AV definitely gets my vote.

Old AV.

Not even comparable. No competition.

Old AV 100%.

4 Likes