Prayers for Paris

This is sad, truly.

Google Notre Dame ceiling and look at images. I’ll wait.

Hopefully they will have moisturizers(holding spray cans) to moisten the wood following the place’s rebuilding…

More than likely it will be rebuilt with glass and steel. The gothic style is meant to be light filled and I suspect they will follow that tact.

Note: Notre Dame de Paris is owned by the french state not by the church for what it’s worth…

Where will the hunchback live now :frowning:

3 Likes

The towers still stand, Victor Hugo’s Quasimodo is fine.

1 Like

Oh good to hear :slight_smile:

1 Like

yeah so prayers for paris?
what about the people ( 51 dead other than hit )who died at mosque ?? no one said anything. if you wanna feel for certain people means u are racist in general am talking not you

We will rebuild :heart: And France will persevere.

2 Likes

Amen to this. Its getting difficult to count how many stories they pump out that are blatantly false.

People will feel for who they want to feel for. Your blatant baiting doesn’t influence that at all. Nor will anyone take you seriously when you type that way.

2 Likes

you didnot get what i meant am bad at writing but what I mean is when its something happening to ( christianity ) all news and everyone talking about it. but when its ( Islam- Muslims ) no one talkes about it nor cares. so dont tell me that ok

1 Like

Apparently a fire fighter is being treated for serious injuries.

Donations are already being gathered in many places all over the world to help pay for the hoped-for restoration.

The cathedral is a loved symbol to many, a symbol of the spirit of France, a symbol of Christianity, a symbol of great historic architecture and a symbol of the wonderful spiritual music which was inspired and composed to be performed there. The cultural achievements associated with this beautiful building are far greater than I can communicate.

It will be restored/rebuilt if this is possible and yes, something of it will be lost forever, but it is already a symbol of persistence and renewal, and the indomitability of the human spirit, having already been severely damaged and restored several times in its past.

Ok? Roof is still wood. What’s your point?

I don’t know how it was treated in the rest of the world, but in Australia and New Zealand that was huge news and considered a terrible tragedy. The gunman’s name was suppressed so he would not achieve publicity for what he did, and photos of all the victims shown instead.

One Aussie guy running for politics spoke publicly about how Muslims "deserved’ it, and while he was being booed off stage a young guy ran up and broke a raw egg over the idiot’s head. The police refused to prosecute the egg breaking guy.

I’m aware of the degree of prejudice around, but the haters are not always in control.

2 Likes

Even sprinklers wouldn’t do much, they’re only meant to hold the fire off (or put out a minor one) until the FD gets there, and it sounds like they were delayed to begin with due to some bad traffic. Their ladder trucks don’t go near high enough to reach the roof so… just have to wait for it to burn out.

Lawlessness in response to an opinion. Sure sounds like a free society there.

Who are the haters in the big picture? Look at it globally and it’s pretty clear who hates who enough to act on it.

Thank you! This is wonderful news to hear. ^^

Can we take a moment and talk about how awesome the Firefighters are to of done what they did in saving the main structure?

Edit: @Cyniel

I absolutely agree. Mecca is just as valuable as Jerusalem, Stonehenge, and many, many other sites in the world. Maybe it’ll sound crazy to say this, but I am firmly of the belief that any (regardless of religion) who seek to do good in this world channel the exact same spirit.

Specifics differ based on culture, but when one strips away the human aspect, is it not always the same fundamental goal being pursued? A earnest desire to rise above one’s personal failings, become a better person, and connect with the “light within” in essence?

2 Likes

If someone did this to Mecca, again I would be just as upset… There is historical significance beyond religion to the structures.

2 Likes

Remember, the cathedral can and will be rebuilt.

5 Likes