Prayer of healing?

Does anyone actually use this? I never do in pvp and and definitely don’t in mythic plus. I feel it costs way too much mana. Double that with FC legendary and it makes it seem pretty much obsolete. Can’t really say much about raids. Only time I see it being useful is pressing it during Apotheosis to get more sanctifies. Am I doing something wrong or am I not alone on this?

You’ll find a couple rare gamers using it with success in the Mythic Logs but in most cases, with FC, it’s too mana costly to be worth it. I personally don’t even have it bound.

1 Like

Damn well if that’s the case I’ll take a free keybind spot, I’m getting low on bind options lol

It is a useless spell that’s not on my bars this expansion. It hasn’t always been like that, and maybe they will change it, but for right now, it sucks.

worst spell 2022

1 Like

You can basically just delete Prayer of Healing off your hotbar. Flash Concentration Heal does more healing than it at half the cost of mana.

That’s…unfortunate. I hope they do something with it one day. Maybe just make it a fire and forget HoT or something

PoH was our main healing ability in BFA, but that got nerfed to the ground this expansion. I doubt they’re going to do anything with it in 9.2 so guess we see what next expansion brings.

I keep it only because I like the cast animation…

That’s worth something right?

4 Likes

Without Prayer Circle, its throughput is terrible to mediocre. With Prayer Circle, its throughput is great, but the mana burn rate is unsustainable. Right now its dead.

PoH has had a serious fall from grace. Makes me sad :frowning_face:

I got bored of running FC so I crafted Shadow Manipulation for raiding. I use poh a lot with that build. Works really well actually so I wouldn’t say it’s completely obsolete more like if you’re running FC then it’s not required.

There are few thing I proposed to make it better.

1- In the new version of the talent 25% haste/ -25% mana cost after circle. If they also added passively double the mastery. It would make a huge difference.

2- Modify Resonant Words conduit not just Flash/greater after 1 holy word

Serenity = Flash heal/greater heal
Sanctuary = Prayer of healing
(Or maybe add Prayer into whatever healing one they choose)
Chastise = Holy Fire

So peole would have a real rotation not only spamming greater Heal.

It would also make PoH back into the game i think

Prayer low-key slaps with the 4-piece next tier, but has some minor issues with it (cost, chiefly, since I’m assuming you’d still be running FC and dropping Surge for Prayer Circle is a bit of an opportunity cost).

I’m interested to see how tuning works out, but it’s worth keeping an eye on it; we may actually have direct AoE healing again.

How did they manage to make a legendary that is great for an underused ability like heal but not any of our other abilities? They could have made a legendary that improves renew and PoH. Instead, we have many bad legendary that no one uses. Harmonious Apparatus isn’t very good/interesting but still our next best for raiding? meh

PoH is just almost there with being raid viable. The problem is that with FC x5 Heal is you have 2 talents that increase its healing by up to 55% (35% trail of light & 20% binding heal) plus Resonant Words. They’re also free bonuses that don’t cost anything extra.

Prayer Circles reduces PoHs mana cost to actually make it a viable HPM heal. We need either increased healing, a legendary, and/or some conduit support to make PoH our main heal again.

Even then I don’t see that major of a difference between PoH and FC Priest unless the PoH changes are giga.

The only reason why PoH spamming was viable in BFA was because of the Prayerful Litany azerite armor trait, getting obscene amounts of mastery w/ corruption (90%+), and mana was a lot less of an issue back then. It wasn’t PoH that was powerful, but the massive amount of Echo of Light healing and the only alternative was spamming Flash Heals.

1 Like

No. There is no reason to use PoH when FC makes 1.5 sec Heal with 15% more healing and Trail of Light combo more effective and cost WAY less mana.

What language is this?

If you’d prefer me to indulge your pedantry and use strictly formal English, what I am saying is that ‘Prayer of Healing works rather well with our tier set, provided said set works as intended and is not weighed down by bugs’.

1 Like

You would not be pressing it in the same way you did in BfA, but I would not be surprised if you consumed tier set procs with Prayer of Healing/Sanctify usage in some raid healing scenarios.

Binding Heals may also be a bit of a bait, if it is competing with 1 minute GS (for progression purposes).