Powershifting and Intended/Desirable Mechanics

By looking at trends. Pretty easy to see that the changes being made are the ones the community is loudest about (unless they involve money, you won’t sway those)

How do you NOT see that?

While i agree, and hope the druids win there fight. You’ll always want community backlash to get the goals you want from those on the top. Any change you want you gotta fight for. Though to note. Get Streamers to talk about it. And get all the druids you know to push back against this. It’s how we got RP-PVP servers.

Pretty much in line with my own opinions on powershifting. It’s incredibly obvious that the devs never intended for furor like abilities to be used the way they were, and deleted the activity in it’s entirely when it became more widespread.

The current behavior is inline with the reference patch, aside from obvious bug work around that will probably get deleted. If there are “some changes”, I’d expect them to go toward wrath, not toward vanilla.

1 Like

Precisely this.

The seal discussion for Paladins is indicative enough of this, as they looked forward rather than backward to inject changes that synced with historically well-received changes and alterations. Honestly this depends on how hard fixing the Hp5/Mp5 -> Energy interaction is for Blizzard. Clearly whatever patch they slapped onto the code to make the partial tics do something was applied to some generic “resource” tag rather than each resource individually.

Bump Bump

#FixTheTick

The problem is Jimmi we can’t just do that.
It it gets drowned out.
Ignored.

We have to scream and fuss and dig through thousands of old forum posts, consume hundreds of thousands of minor trolls bloods to even get attention.

Wonderfully said! But I have faith in blizzard that they’ll listen to the players and restore 2.0 energy. Powershifting has become a mechanic beloved by many ferals and using a form of energy that only lasted 1 year and encourages powerchugging is clearly something that blizzard should consider reverting.
#FixTheTick!

2 Likes

Your optimism is noted, but I have my doubts.

Bump!

#FixTheTick

Can’t let this one fall either!

1 Like

Priest should be allowed to use guns as ranged weapon!

1 Like

I missed the part where druids were pushing for using items they can’t currently use.

1 Like

Did you guys not get Polearms around the same time?

Polearms was Wrath yes, but unless we get the “Any weapon past X DPS grants automatic Feral Attack Power” change as well, we’d not get any benefit to polearm access in TBC.

That’s what i’m saying

Why stop here?

Eh if I wanted just straight up WotLK Feral, I’d play WotLK.

We aren’t asking for Wrath, we are asking for early TBC when our energy worked correctly. We are asking for the energy change that occurred make changes to evocate. They broke one spec to appease another spec.

We don’t get early TBC, we get last patch of Sunwell TBC.

Believe me, I’d love early TBC Mangle. It hit like a freight train and our talents also boosted all our ability damage as well unlike later. You could compete with actual DPS while Tanking, just stay Bear Form and kill people in BGs/Arenas, and just be entirely unstoppable.

But we aren’t getting that era for good reason: classes were still buggy, incomplete, and a mess.

But was the energy systems in wrath not better?

(Like idk i never play feral)

In Wrath the energy system killed Powershifting off entirely.

• Furor only maintained your present Rage/Energy when shifting, it didn’t grant you anything, and Blizzard had finally implemented a way for the game to “remember” your various resource bars while in various forms.
  • Ferals got access to weapon procs, consumables while in forms, etc, eliminating a need to shift out to do anything other than to cast Balance/Restoration stuff
  • Energy flowed way smoother and scaled with Haste, rather than ugly 20 Energy chunks

We’d need the whole thing to make it worthwhile.