Pour one out for a real one

You will be missed.

“Whoever came up with this sheer [nope] of an encounter can go [nope] themselves. Do me a favor so I don’t waste my guild’s time on this kind of jackass [nope]-fest again, send me an email at [tigole] when you decide to A) Implement an encounter that wasn’t designed by a [nope] chimp chained to a cubicle A.)Get a Quality Assuarance Department C) Actually beta test the [nope] thing and D) Patch it live. And please for god’s sake – do it in the order I laid out for you. Don’t worry, I won’t charge you a consulting fee on that one. And for good luck you might as well E) Pull your heads out of your [nope]. While you’re at it rename the game to BetaQuest since you’ve used up you’re alotted false advertising karma on the Bazaar and user interface scam of '01.Fix the Emperor encounter. Fix Seru. Rethink your time-sink [nope]. Fix all the buggy [nope] ring encounters (I suggest you let whoever made the Burrower one do this since that dude apparently laid off the crack the rest of you were smoking). Fix the VT key quest. Fix VT (just guessing it’s [nope] up considering your track record). Don’t have the resources to fix this stuff? Move the ENTIRE Planes of Power team over to fixing Shadows of Luclin AND DO IT NOW. If you don’t fix Luclin, you jackassess will be the only ones playing the Planes of Power.”

You were too good for us Jeff.

6 Likes

I don’t know what’s going on.

1 Like

I have no idea what this insane rant means, but I admire your commitment to it.

I’m so sad people dont know this deep history. :frowning:

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m lost.

We’ll,I think that many, many years ago my mind had already suffered enough PTSD that I blocked out anything to do with Jeff Kaplan. :slightly_smiling_face:

People need a history lesson…

https://amp.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/4g2ler/jeff_tigole_kaplan_forum_rant_from_his_eq_days/

Being he’s left Blizzard, it’s relevant. Especially in the state of current development.

1 Like

For the people who…really dont know this, Jeff Kaplan, was the Overwatch boss, and was instrumental in WoW, you can find stuff referencing his character. :frowning:

Now hes gone.

It’s actually quite surprising so few people get the reference. I guess old school mmo players are a rare breed these days.

3 Likes

This is an old gamer inside thing about evercrakk.

1 Like

:frowning:

I played EverQuest from 1999-2004 and then played Project1999 from 2009-2019. Kinelory and Quae in Arathi Highlands are named after someone I played EverQuest with back in the day actually.

15 years of EverQuest and I still have no idea what’s going on lol.

I did googling and it’s apparently a Jeff Kaplan quote from when he played EQ. He was pretty mad at the EQ Devs for a boss encounter I guess.

1 Like

This is WoW Classic General Discussion.

Perhaps you intended this for the SomeOtherGame forums.

Considering his being a core part of the development of the version of WoW we play?

Nah. I’m good with it being here.

2 Likes

Well, if you’re good with it then great!

I don’t see it as being impactful in any way to WoW Classic, but I also suppose I don’t really care. Good for that guy. I hope he enjoys what’s next for him.

2 Likes

Being that Classic is based on Vanilla, and Kaplan was a very large influence on it’s design during his time with Blizzard, this is quite relevant in these forums.

I guess someone ignorant of the game’s history may completely miss the point of a subtle callback to Kaplan

1 Like

Sure. I suppose I don’t really care too much about the people behind the game.

Anyway, so should I push through platinum in ranked APEX solo queues?

That’s all well and good, and when you make a knob of yourself in stating a callback is not in the correct forum, while being completely ignorant on the connection of the subject, be aware that your post (and yourself) will be subject to ridicule.

:poop: