Posts a bunch of nonsense

Hey pre-streaked underwear with holes for ventilation are hard to come by. They’re showing their appreciation for quality troll post

Since when do women wear panties? :eyes:

Forgot which thread I was in. :rofl:

Been on the forums way too long tonight.

Is sad because there are literally no unmarried women within 10 miles of my house. :frowning:

Generic sarcastic response.

A quote from OP with a word changed, followed by the phrase “I fixed it.”

Another sassy remark.

Long winded rant on why you’re wrong.

Mentioning a day of the week.

Mentioning a popular food at the cinema.

That’s just what they want you to think! Which I suppose is actually a pretty good reason to be sad. :frowning_face:

Somewhere along the way one poster says something another doesn’t like and the thread derails into an armory slap-fight between them for days. Everyone ignores them and continues with the topic but it’s hard to read what’s going on.

Also at least 3 people who post nothing but meme pics and random music videos to keep the chaos going.

nailed it.

How cats colonized the world

Before the use of DNA became widespread, it was very difficult to classify the cat family. Fossil records were relatively rare, and anyway, the skulls of unrelated cat types often seem very similar. Those with the job of sorting animals into different categories are called taxonomists and cats present particular problems for them. So much so that one desperate individual proposed sorting cat species into categories called ‘big cats’ and ‘little cats’, a plan which was, shall we say, a bit crude.

Therefore it came as a relief when DNA techniques became advanced enough to allow better insights into cat evolution. Two researchers, Dr Johnson and Dr O’Brian, compared genetic differences between different families of cats. In their original study, which was concluded in 1997, they looked at mitochondrial DNA. Unlike DNA obtained from the cell nucleus, DNA from mitochondria (which are the energy stores of the cell) is passed to offspring only through the mother. Because of this, DNA from the mitochondria does not change as it is passed from the mother to her children. This means that those having the same mitochondria probably have the same origin. This is very useful for working out where different populations came from and is widely used in human studies.

Using mitochondrial DNA, Johnson and O’Brien were able to subdivide most living cats into eight lineages. These are: Panthera, Bay Cat, Caracal, Ocelot, Lynx, Puma, Leopard Cat, and Domestic Cat. The researchers also studied DNA mutations and compared DNA extracted from ancient bones with the DNA of modern cats. This allowed them to draw up a detailed cat family tree in which all known cat species belong to one of the eight lineages.

1 Like

Ok, I am absolutely LIVID right now. How dare you post all that and then not give some sort of link to the cat family tree. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

Wait, what did I type…

Oh no. It’s true. I don’t live in the middle of nowhere, but it’s pretty close. My only option for internet is Satellite and LTE. I know it’s a future dystopia right now because Elon Musk is my only hope.

Well then that’s still sad, but for a different reason at least.

1 Like
2 Likes

tbf, while LTE has poor overall transfer rates, the pings are really good. So in specific circumstances, it’s good.

Also, I’m very averse to people in general, so this is a heck of my own choosing.

I’m sorry. I didn’t see this. I grew up with this and it was great.

Hahahahhaha! Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I feel like this is either salt at getting owned in a forums debate, or satire for seeing said debates all over the place…

Me, too :slight_smile: Muppets was a must-not miss every week :slight_smile:
What sillier nonsense could you have?

1 Like

Flying Circus, of course.

U left out the part where u woke up in your moms basement