Posting while Unsubbed?

Anyone know if this was a feature or a fixed bug? Mine expires the 24th, and I figured if no one knew I’d find out myself and post here if I still could.

You can post on some forums while unsubbed. Namely Customer Support, Technical, uh… Classic, I think. Not usually realm forums.

2 Likes

Blizzard confirmed it was a bug, but then someone suggested that they shrugged and pulled back on it, so. It’s hard to say right now - but you should still be able to post here for now, judging by some of the other posters who still can in the other topics.

And as Jodariel said, you can still post in Customer Support, Technical, and that sort of thing.

1 Like

I’ve been unsubbed for months. No problems posting on the forums anywhere.

3 Likes

I did hear someone suggest that it has something to do with the service not updating properly unless you log out. If you don’t log out, without direct blizzard intervention, it seems to be that things don’t change.

They also suggested that Blizzard did periodic ‘disconnects’ to try and resolve the problem, but I’ve not had it try it on me once, so. Shrugs

2 Likes

There are no rules here. No policies, no programming.

All is chaos.

4 Likes

Someone told me they got a forum suspension for posting on the WrA forums while unsubbed.

Which I also did and did not get a similar action, but I was subbed again when they apparently fixed that bug. It also isn’t against any rule but that hasn’t stopped mods in the past.

3 Likes

All we have is the RP Council.
Supposedly. I don’t know. That’s just a rumor.

Move along.

2 Likes

I don’t think the realm forums are as heavily moderated like say General for example. Unless someone flags something I don’t think moderators really trawls threw these posts 24/7 looking for violations. I think as long as you aren’t constantly telling everyone you’re unsubbed and no one petty reports you. You’re likely going to go unnoticed if you only post in places like WRA.

I have only heard of one person getting banned for being unsubbed and that was on the story forums which might me actively watched and/or someone reported them for something and the mods took noticed and banned them.

This is all just speculation so I could be full of sh!t :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’ve only tried to post a handful of times while unsubbed but I’ve never been able to. I forget what the exact error message was but it was something along the lines of can’t post without an active subscription.

1 Like

Do you feel the Warp overtaking you, brother?

Is it a good pain?

3 Likes

It seems to work fine for me. I’m hoping it’s intentional at this point, honestly. The forums are a useful way to interact and discuss things with people outside my usual group and not spending money on that is neat.

And if I get suspended, I get suspended. Big rip.

1 Like

I’ve been randomly logged out a couple times, regardless of how often I come here. Dunno if that’s just a thing on my end or if it ends up “confirming” that possibility, but throwing that out there.

1 Like

I can post here, my sub had run out a while ago. I might have to create a topic in GenDis to reply to things, but either way, I hope they don’t ‘fix’ this ‘bug’…

1 Like

I am currently posting while unsubbed, and there’s NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA.

3 Likes

watch me :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Also.

Ten chars.

2 Likes

Regenerating 5, health,

per

second.

I glared at the Troll.

The Troll glared back at me.

Silence flooded the world.

the Troll whispered.

2 Likes

I’ve had this happen as well, but sometimes I’ll remain logged in on one device but not another.

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!

I wouldn’t sweat it, OP, I’ve been un-subbed for nearly a year now and yet I continue to haunt the forums for which I was destined to suffer until the world (of Warcraft) ends.