Post bolvar sylvanas cutscene (spoilers)

Sorry for the poor quality, will update when a better version is uploafed

22 Likes

Try now?
/10 char

1 Like

The Anduin scene is not supposed to be funny, but it is. Oh, it is.

59 Likes

Got baited by the Tyrande thumbnail big time

This is the abduction cutscene? What a disappointment, guess too much money is going into the Sylvanas CGIs again

20 Likes

Oh … what the … heck …

THAT is it?! THATS IT?! THAT IS ALL ??!?!???

What … a disapointment … what the … I am out of words.
5 Characters were about to be abducted an we see … ONE … in the most comical way possible?!

20 Likes

LMAO

:laughing:

3 Likes

they literally yeeted him off the ground LMAO

22 Likes

/headpats Good Withpuppies!

Also, yeah, the art direction did change for Shadowlands. I thought it did based off the texture choices for a lot of the weapons, but looking at them here this is def a shift from the MoP Era art style we’ve been relying on. Its subtle, but it is there … and definitely evident in the lighting.

Its almost … slightly more photorealistic? Its weird. Not bad, but def weird.

EDIT: Also … oh Genn. LOL!

17 Likes

Wow, that was pretty awesome! Sylvanas is spookier than she was when she came out of the mist to yeet up Bolvar.

5 Likes

Eh, Genn can’t be that worked up over it if that didn’t send him into worgen form.

16 Likes

Thank you!

Easily the funniest part

4 Likes

They really need a model of Anduin where he’s not decked out in full armor. It looks so weird to see everyone else in vaguely casual clothing (like Genn) and then there’s Anduin trying to cosplay a space marine.

I liked the scene with Tyrande looking like she was just barely holding herself back from snarling at the clouds.

39 Likes

On the other hand, it did validate your hypothesis.

Baine, Anduin, Thrall, and Jaina were targeted because they’re the weight behind maintaining a peace. She likely targeted Tyrande for the opposite reason, she’s too much a wild card. Which means … yeah, Turalyon and Maiev being placed in key positions of power is not a coincidence. Eitrigg will take over for the Thrall like he always has, Hamuul for Baine. Yeeting these two isn’t gonna change much of the Horde, but dragging Jaina and Anduin out of the Alliance just might.

3 Likes

It occurs to me, you’d think a world full of dragons, wyverns, gryphons, hippogryphs, skyships, etc., would have more of a contingency plan for attempts to aerially snatch up its political leaders.

Like… It’s really that easy to snatch up the High King of the Alliance? And not even a single gryphon rider around to take a pot shot?

34 Likes

I guess it makes sense because he didn’t enter combat.

31 Likes

The thing is, that Tyrande being replaced by Maiev doesn’t change much actually. Both are out for blood.

I think the capture of Tyrande was just because she is an uncontrollable flaw in the plan.
Like Allways Sylvanas has again underestimated her opponents and created the Night Warrior which is ultimately a threat she can’t controll or plan with … so surely she tries to abduct her aswlll.

But the cinematic was … unbelievably bad and really puts a huge bummer for me into the whole expansion … if THAT is their storytelling we get a lot of crap for the next 2 years… oh gosh …

More intercontinetntal catapults style storytelling where nothing makes sense…

3 Likes

Not gonna lie this just makes bolvar seem like an idiot. If he knew she was coming for the crown he should have taken care of her long ago.

14 Likes

Maiev has always been portrayed as more extreme than Tyrande. She’s more fixated and obsessive, to the point of self-destruction. I also think she’s just shown she is far less stable, and less competant (and in Tyrande’s current state … hoo-boy is that saying something).

As for “bad storytelling” … I’m not sure I follow. It was monology, but overall nothing in it really came off as the super catapults. Its just Bolvar meandering about what he expected Sylvanas to do; and us seeing the targets we figured she’d go after to try to start up that soul flood again. Is it just because it focused on Anduin getting yeeted out rather than Tyrande?

2 Likes

It was nice and atmospheric…up until Anduin and Genn. That was just comedic. I literally lol’d at Anduin’s wide eyes when he got yanked into the cosmos. And Genn yelling at the clouds. I don’t know what the hell they were thinking with that sequence.

30 Likes

ROFL

EDIT: *headpats for Withpuppys

2 Likes