Possible Latency Fix?

I’ve noticed an issue with WoW since I came back. High ping rates. Bursts of 2500+ms. I narrowed it down to wow. Long story short… it only does this for WoW. Specifically, when I click on random abilities, like during a fight, and I would get this crazy lag spike… But WoW was triggering it. I checked the support forums and apparently several people are having sporadic issues for a few patches now.

I followed the usual steps: I reset my interface, reinstalled my adapter, updated my drivers (I did have some things that needed updating, even my BIOS), stopped every irrelevant thing from starting in msconfig… still having the problem. Now something interesting happened… I flushed my dns and this helped greatly, but every time I rebooted, the issue would come back.

The Fix for me (so far): I updated my adapter settings with Google’d DNS servers and it seems to have cleaned up my issue immensly. After several reboots and dungeons, still clean connection.

IPv4: 8.8.8.8 and/or 8.8.4.4.
IPv6: 2001:4860:4860::8888 and/or 2001:4860:4860::8844.

I am curious if this helps anyone else. The issues people are having don’t seem consistent but I’m curious if a fix will address more than one issue. I hope this helps someone.

1 Like