Portals? Where did they go?

Where are the portals in New Dal? Only Wyrmrest in the basement. And Shrine of the Two Moons is gone also. WHY?

1 Like

I invite you to read Blizzard’s reasoning for it.

4 Likes

They left Wyrmrest?

They have been ALL pruned.

1 Like

I’m just glad the “hidden” teleport to caverns of time from shatt still works from the rep grind, sad only one of my toons has it but it makes farming ds a LITTLE less painful. The new portal room does make travel a lot more time consuming though overall

Yeah Blizz bended the knee partially I guess lol.

Haven’t checked this but if they did it’s probably because of the chromie scenario

You have to go to orgrimmar’s portal room and take the portal to Honeybrew Village (I think that’s name for the horde one) and then take the fp to shrine if that’s where you are going or get a mage to port you to shrine.

Wowhead does have a list of other ways to get to places though: https://www.wowhead.com/news=290582/how-to-travel-to-the-removed-portal-locations-in-patch-8-1-5

1 Like

Nice, wyrmrest is a good wrath general port.

Stormwind port is still there too, so Dal hearth still has a use.

I have my doubts simply because you can teleport to Chromie’s scenario by speaking to Chromie in New Dalaran.

I imagine they DID want a portal to Northrend, but felt it weird to go from Dalaran to Dalaren, although us mages do it all the time.

This is bogus. No excuse. Luckily on my main, I am an engi. This is stupid. Grrrr

2 Likes

But wyrmrest saves you at best 1-2min if you’re going to borean tundra or howling fjords yet the dal portal from Org/SW is better if you’re going ICC/AT.

If this is Blizz bending the knee they picked a stupid portal to keep.

3 Likes

Just paid for 90 days…

/woot I like the new setup. I did not find the one to new area, so I ported home.

How are you just now finding out about this?? It’s been talked about nonstop for the past week on almost all social networks.

They are all there still but you need to have the achievement “Portal Jockey” to use them.

1 Like

I don’t see Wyrmrest in the basement. Are you sure you don’t have a quest from Legion still in your log that requires you to use it?

I went to the basement in Dalaran and didn’t see any portals?

Is this in the Violet w/e building?

Honestly none of the portals in the portal room goes anywhere you need/want to go. They could have just level 90% of them out. I don’t really mind the traveling the long way, ok I do miss the easy Kara portal, but it just feels like a slap to the face with the portal they put/left in.

1 Like

I think they removed everything but the Orgrimmar portal from Shrine though.

There is the main city and there was one for Shatt and Northrend Dalaran unless they removed those too. Which if it’s just the main city portal there then there is no reason to stay in Shrine (which is a shame in my opinion).