Polymorph shouldnt heal the target

100% agree, OP. Polymorph is objectively the worst of all the cc in the game. Shaman, druid, hunter, monk etc etc. All have vastly superior cc. I don’t care if it needs to have a CD. That would still be vastly preferable to how it is now.

Yet another reason why hardly anyone plays mage anymore.

:open_mouth: DAFUQ?:open_mouth:

4 Likes

bots would love it.

" * New PvP Talent: Master Shepherd – While an enemy player is affected by your Polymorph or Mass Polymorph, your movement speed is increased by 25% and your Versatility is increased by 6%. Additionally, Polymorph and Mass Polymorph no longer heal enemies."

You really should actually read the comment. It is clear they are taking about the talent and not polymorph in general…

3 Likes

I never understood the heal at first, then someone explained that poly/pyro/poly/pyro/poly/pyro/dead was a thing.

I have a lot of mages and I don’t sheep anything unless the situation is very very dire. Then again I’m always frost so I have other ways to cc. In pve, ie the only thing I’m into, hard cc like that hasn’t really been necessary in the difficulties I’m comfortable with since WAY back in the day.

mages are limited in their cc

I keep reading that and it’s just dumbfounding

2 Likes

Also makes them invulnerable. Things don’t have to be all equal either.

mages have a perma slow, spammable poly, technically 2 frost nova, ring of frost, 2 blinks, dragon breath, a knock back, ice nova…very limited

Mages have a lot of buttons for CC. A few of them are useless in M+, and a lot of them share DRs in PVP.

IDK, personally I think the whole kit needs a look over. I’m not sure what direction it would go if it was looked over - a general nerf, or a general buff. You can feel pretty lacking in M+ while you see others tossing out AoE stuns. You can feel pretty stupid in BGs because everything’s DRed or broken easily (I know, Blizzard doesn’t care about BGs.)

Likewise, being CC’d the entire game isn’t fun for others - but CC’s are being nerfed across the board.

Mage in general just feels like it’s stuck in pre-2012, for better or worse. Probably need a good deal of attention so that they can reduce situations where the mage player feels useless in PVE and PVP, and likewise so that others don’t feel useless in small encounters against a mage.

1 Like

Let’s be honest, you wanna be op again when they had greater pyroblast.

yes of course. fire is too weak now.

Frost mages have cc for days.

That sheep and greater pyroblast combo was too op specially in arenas…

That’s something that should Never return.

I never understood why it heals the target, dumb thing to happen.

Is this an out of season April fools joke?

cyclone only can be cast in humanoid form so only two specs from the Druid class really use it. meanwhile the polymorph can be use for the whole mage class

Stopped reading here.

could be
lol

sure you did

You’re asking for the wrong thing.

You want deep freeze back. Poly isnt the issue.

For some reason blizzard thinks mages having no cc for their target is okay.