Poll: What Class do YOU want to see added next?

Lul rationalizing game decisions with lore. If blizz wants to do it they’ll do it. By force and ignoring the lore…or adjust the lore.

That one is pretty immutable.

Of course, they can do the Blood Knight thing where they’re Paladins in mechanics, but not in lore.

Bard.

Mail armor, ranged.

I mean, if you want to sound like a tambourine…

What about bard and summoner?

You can import playstyles from FFXIV, but wholesale classes? Very different tones in each game.

I was thinking Mad Scientist could be a Tinker spec. I don’t buy into the whole “Engineering exists” argument made by other players. They usually say that because they want a different class, not because they actually believe it.

Bards aren’t really a thing in Azeroth, particularly the type that uses music as a magical weapon. Tinkers could fill that support role though and be ranged in mail, as well as tank or heals.

As for summoners, WoW’s summoners are Warlocks.

1 Like

“Dark” is the spec. “Ranger” is the class.

Flesh out Ranger more?

Looks like the poll was reset? It’s borked, in any case. C’est la vie.

yeah WTH is that all about? There were hundreds of votes! With the Bard class in second place! Which I found most interesting…

I mean, it’s a free service, so I can’t get too bent out of shape, but I did find it pretty interesting, too. Dragonsworn was getting a lot more traction than I expected. It seems to have found a place in the public consciousness.

1 Like

the intro quests for worgens have them overcome their feral rage and regain control over themselves

yet they have no decurse
feelsbad

This was retconned years ago. I want to say Wrath.

Mage healing spec that has to do damage in order to heal!

I thought that questline was demonstrating an exception to the rule?

Paladins being immune to plagues/curses was from the RPG. I think it was a Q&A in Wrath where the devs said the RPG is not canon.

‘Wu’ is the crew, ‘Tang’ is the slang! Unrelated, but awesome all the same.

I’ve given a few answers and new class options (Psions!), but honestly, I think that Blizzard’s best bet, would be to go back to the drawing board with the classes they have. They absolutely must make sure that the classes aren’t overlapping nearly as much as they do now. I’ve addressed this with Mages, Shamans, and my idea on Bards and Psions.

All classes should have four specs, they need to lighten up on the Holy Trinity, add more themed utility abilities, and quit with the laser focus on ‘endgame’.

Not to completely derail, but this is something that has me curious about the LoL MMO. Their existing champions have nuance beyond the trinity. I do wonder if we could get a true support role.

Years back, friends and I would partially joke about an LoL MMO. Sure, it’s easy to laugh and say that there’d be tons of MOBA abilities and whatnot.

We aren’t joking now. Riot started giving the characters clear cut character classes, with weapons and armor that fit character fantasy. Then they started streamlining their story, and worldbuilding in earnest. And it was all SLICK.

We’re at the point now where LoL has legit street cred, way beyond being a MOBA. In many ways, beyond what WoW used to have. LoL themed videos, songs, and art style are freaking everywhere, and more than just the average gamer knows what it’s about. I can hold conversations about LoL and LoL related media with a more diverse crowd, than I can with WoW.

Some forum goers here may laugh at the last part, but they shouldn’t. They should think about how old they were when they first started gaming. My kid, my nieces, and nephews, they know WoW as the game I play. They know LoL as the game we all play, with the videos and music they and their friends share. If Ghostcrawler and Riot go deep on the RPG aspects as they say, while keeping LoL’s style, they will knock it out of the park.

1 Like