Polished Pet Charms

Throughout BfA, I have purchased many pets with the Polished Pet Charms. Is there an easy way to figure out which Pets I am missing from the vendors without having to go visit each vendor. I am starting to collect a lot of charms and want to make sure I buy all the pets that are available.

2 Likes

The Polished Pet Charm vendors are at your garrison menagerie and the Dalaran pet shop. Nothing is easier than simply taking your pet charms there, scrolling through their wares and buying those you don’t have.

However if you really don’t want to do that you can scroll through your un-owned pets in your journal and see which can be bought for charms, or check Polished Pet Charms in WoWhead to find a list of vendors and compare their lists with owned pets in your journal.

You are thinking of Shiny Pet Charms. Polished charms are the new currency for BfA vendor pets, and the BfA pet vendors are a bit more spread about.

Unfortunately the pet UI’s search doesn’t find anything if you search on “polished” or even “charms”. But the best I could come up with was to search on each of the 6 zone names from BfA plus Silithus (for Magni). That includes the local wild pets of course but each zone only has a few of each so you can eyeball which ones you have left to get.

1 Like

Go to Warcraft pets and set up an account. You can print out a list of the pets you don’t have.

Or you can just go there and search Wild Pets by zone. Select “Vendored”. Check both the Zandalar and Kul Tiras zones. It’s pretty much the way I narrowed it down.

2 Likes

Was going to recommend this as well. :slight_smile: Sign up, import your collection data, and you can keep track of what you’re missing.
https://www.warcraftpets.com/

Here’s a direct link to the filter criteria (pets from BFA vendors):
https://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/filter/?src=vendor&expansion=7

Polished Pet Charm pets will have the gold coin icon in their tooltip.

Here’s a direct link for after you’ve signed up (and are logged in) to see which PPC pets you’re missing:
https://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/filter/?src=vendor&expansion=7&collection=wanted

Note: Some vendors are locked behind additional requirements, so you might not see the pets initially. Here’s a guide on how to unlock specific BFA vendors/pets: BFA: Unlocking Vendors/Pets

1 Like

Bah - silly me. It’s ok, my brain will work again after a few more head-desk thumps.

My suggestion re WoWhead still works, though. That’s how I’ve been doing it with BfA pets. Look up Polished Pet Charms -> vendors.
You’ll find links not only to the pets they sell, but also to the hoops you have to jump through to get them - not complaining, I’ve enjoyed the quests involved.

I steer clear of Warcraft Pets because any time I sign up to a site I lose my log-in info and forget where I’ve written it down. I’m sure it’s a great site though for anyone slightly less befuddled than this crazy old cat lady. :wink:

1 Like

For some reason, I thought I used Rematch filters to filter by source, but I would need to double check to be sure. Anyone remember offhand?

EDIT: Rematch does have that filter (Vendor). I used that to see what I didn’t have. Set it to vendor and then just scrolled down to unknown ones (could have used a filter for that too I guess).

Can also type the name of the vendor into the search box of the in-game pet collection.

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions. That definitely helped out.

1 Like

I just go into my pet journal, and go into filters and turn off Collected and every Source except Vendor.

The only thing that stays in the list for me are the items I still have to buy with charms, because I have everything else from previous expansions.

Early in BfA by going thru warcraftpets printout of pets I was missing I made note of the ones that were bought with PPCs from vendors, and how many charms they cost. Sorry, didn’t include vendor(s) name or mention requirements to be able to buy them.

75 Abyssal Eel
500 Accursed Hexxer
200 Azerite Puddle
100 Azeriti
50 Barnacled Hermit Crab
100 Bilefang Skitterer
200 Bloodfeaster Larva (other one comes from annoying Alch transmute)
100 Blue Flitter
150 Carnivorous Lasher
100 Child of Jani
200 Corlain Falcon
200 Cou’pa
100 Crimson Frog
75 Drustvar Piglet
300 Frenzied Cottontail
250 Freshwater Pincher
50 Greatwing Macaw
300 Lil’ Benfon
200 Lil’ Siege Tower
200 Lil’ Tika
200 Lil’ War Machine
75 Mechanical Prairie Dog
250 Ranishu Runt
50 Sandstinger Wasp
200 Saurolisk Hatchling
250 Seabreeze Bumblebee
200 Smoochums
200 Swamp Toad

Can’t swear this is complete list but should cover almost all of them.

2 Likes

Bring up your collections tab and type in a BfA zone. It’ll show all the pets from that zone, purchaseable and catcheable.