Poisons/Arenas

Please for the love of god. FIX POISONS FROM HAVING TO BE REAPPLIED EVERY TIME YOU JOIN A ARENA

2 Likes

please don’t.

or pre buff everything for everyone. Fort, Int, GBlessing of Might and Wis and so on.

please don’t.

Please dont make it to where we have to reapply every poison? LOL? You realize this is a new change right? It is stupid. We use to be able to put poisons ON the weapons and they stayed on for the entire hour.

2 Likes

more player would forget about their buff falling off after that hour anyway, it’s basicaly the same thing. get prepared before the gate open.

lmfao . Can tell you arent a rogue main

3 Likes

Buff them before the queue?

obviously you are not either if you forget to apply your poisons before the Arena starts…
And if you are not forgetting em… why the hell are you even here? Why are you whinning about something as trivial as applying poisons during preparation time?..

3 Likes

The problem isn’t so much applying them before a match. It’s that they are removed when you leave the match. "Just zoned out of arena into this pack of mobs I was fighting - Wait hold on guys stop hitting me while I apply poisons ".

Also, use the Poisoner addon.

I literally just have 6-8 on my keyboard bound to poisons. 2 button presses and we gucci.

I get this.

However, if you’re out in the world with deadly on, I’m guessing that’s not the one you want on for arena.

It’s 2 clicks. You’ll live :grin:

why you just apply them before the match starts… if not I might forget to change my poison to wound. I wouldn’t make assumptions about others either if you’re complaining about something as trivial as this…

I forget to apply them all the time. At this point they should just be a toggle imho. Pretty sure no other class has a limited time buff that they don’t function without.

Since the spec’s energy regen relies so heavily on the poisons that without them we are screwed, they should be a toggle on until changed.

that’s lazy!

Then you’d think that would be the first thing you made sure was applied before the gates open with the 60+ seconds you have, no?

It’s beyond lazy, it’s just stupid.

1 Like

It is almost like you guys don’t understand this was the case before Legion.

Previously Even in MoP/WoD applying poisons before a arena, Kept them when you joined, AS WELL AS when you left.

Legion changed how buffs are after Arenas, Now removing them the moment you leave a arena.

Rogues should not be forced to use a Weakaura/Addon to do a Basic function that USE TO EXIST BEFORE.
The removal of Poisons after LEAVING or JOINING a arena, is pointless, There is no relevant reason to why this occurs other than unintended coding. Poisons should not be considered “Buffs” in the same sense that Fortitude/Battle Shout/Arcane Intellect are. The entire reason this happens is to remove all existing buffs on you, so you do not carry them over into the next game. However Poisons are not “buffs” they are status effects that should be applied to the weapon directly… It directly is part of the classes core gameplay. There are many times where Rogues even 2K+ forget to swap the correct poison on, or realize they forgot to put a poison on and have to apply it quickly before the fight happens.

Tournaments you don’t see this thing happen as often, because they aren’t focused on anything BUT the Arenas. But when you are playing the game + doing arenas, Crap can happen where you are focused on the thought of another task/idea. And when you join the queue last second, you dont even think twice about the arena.

Again INSTALLING OUTSIDE ADDONS OR WEAKAURAS IS NOT THE CORRECT ANSWER. THIS IS A MAJOR GAMEPLAY FLAW IF THIS IS THE SOLUTION THAT YOU ARE GOING TO GIVE.

3 Likes

OP, just create a big WA that says “hey dummy you have no poisons, bro” or something :slight_smile:

lol Why is that the “solution”

You really can’t say "it wasn’t the case back in Extension" first of all, because comparing present WoW to past WoW is a mistake in the first place, i’m sure you agree Retail isn’t the same game as Vanilla or even WotLK for that matters.

Things change, and forgetting to apply buffs or even switch a talent or a pvp talent is something 2k player also forget, not only Rogues… I’ve seen paladin forgetting their Beacons, Lock forgetting their cookies, Mages forgetting their Tables.

EDIT: Locks and Hunters forgetting their pets would fall in the same category as this topic.

You shouldn’t start the Arena with everything ready on you. There is a 1 minute preparation time for a reason.

ON THAT NOTE I do agree they could at least let your buffs on when you leave the arena.

I understand they used to remove that because of hard Rot comp that could kill you outside of arena because you’d keep the Dots of the enemy team after leaving an arena and basicaly die through in your capital city, but removing buffs as well?

People’s pushback to suggestions just boggle me sometimes.

I think everyone gets that two clicks isn’t a huge deal, but I hope people don’t have a hard time comprehending that people can get absent minded and if you’re repeating an activity over and over it’s easy to slip up and it’s frustrating for that realization during/after the fact.

I don’t think the onus is on players to find work arounds for bad design. The base UI is not optimized for best play and that part is on the players if they want to excel at the game. For something like this that becomes a nuisance more than anything it doesn’t really fall into the category of something that should be on the player to resolve. Yes, we can absolutely do something like create a WA to solve the issue short term, but also the suggestion of smoothing over a function doesn’t seem unreasonable in any sense of the matter.

Personally a toggle just seems to be the most practical at this point.

1 Like

Because whining on the forums won’t actually accomplish anything, Quit being lazy.