Please, we need new Classes

I would like a bard ONLY if there is a rock and roll spec like Elite Tauren Chieftain.

4 Likes

My ideal class fantasy list.
Cloth

1. Priest
  2. Mage
  3. Warlock
  4. Necromancer

Leather

1. Rogue
  2. Druid
  3. Monk
  4. Demon Hunter

Mail

1. Shaman
  2. Hunter
  3. Dark Ranger
  4. Dragon Knight

Plate

1. Warrior
  2. Paladin
  3. Death Knight
  4. High Tinkerer

My ideal professions fantasy check list

1. Turn cooking into “Innkeeping” and add brewmaster and bard RP to the profession. Go all out and make it something amazing that everyone can participate in. tie it into the holiday stuff. You could even have a way to grant people rested experience as if your hearth fire were an actual inn.
  2. Runecrafting needs to be a thing. DK runeforging was a huge lost opportunity for some amazing rune mechanics. This time around, you’ll be able to give yourself magical tattoos to boost your stats and sell various runes, sigils, marks, etc. which all cover various utilities. Set a fire rune on top of the WSG flag to incinerate anyone who tries to grab the flag. That sort of thing.
  3. Different types of fishing such as netting, harpooning, etc.
  4. More apothecary / witch doctor vibes from the alchemy profession
  5. Archaeology made into something that’s actually cool mechanically, with lore hints that are only found out via archaeological discovery.
  6. Scribes should be penning contracts, writing music, crafting card deck trinkets, setting up mail boxes, interpreting language, and all around being this pen is mightier than the sword fantasy type rather than it being half about runes half inscription. Allow it to keep scrolls and vellums but the magical rune inscribed on the page is made by the runecrafter.
  7. Farming as a gathering profession choice for those people who liked garrisons
  8. Keep scrapping, make it an engineering gathering profession where you can deconstruct gray items for materials.
  9. Lumbering and Woodworking, which could one day lead to shipbuilding and siegecrafting which gets me giddy
5 Likes

I think after Kul Tiran and Ztrolls are released .then they will work on bringing new classes . I am expecting they release necromancer and dark ranger .

2 Likes

they have a hard time making current classes fun as it is

4 Likes

I have faith! :slight_smile:

Instead of more classes how about giving every existing class 4 specs?

7 Likes

The Next expansion is the class expansion.

TBC: Races (Blood Elves/Draenei)
WotLK: Death Knights
Cataclysm: Races (Goblins/Worgen)
MoP: Monks (w/ Pandaren neutral race)
WoD: Upgrades for Vanilla and TBC races
Legion: Demon Hunters
BFA: Allied Races
Expansion 9: New Class (and possibly more allied races)

If Blizzard continues the precedent, the box cover will feature a major lore character that is a hero of the new class.

Based on previous entries, the New Class is more than likely a hero unit from WC3 and will incorporate abilities from WC3 and HotS.

Possibilities:
Tinker: Pros: Unique thematic and abilities, gives lore to Goblins and Gnomes. Allows possibility of mounted (mech) combat. Can easily be a tank/healer/DPS.
Cons: Difficult to think of an expansion where they could be introduced (though the Center of Azeroth idea is a possibility). Possibly limited to Goblins and Gnomes who are unpopular races.

Dark Ranger: Pros: Popular concept, would add another bow/gun user to class lineup
Cons: VERY similar to Hunters. New DR quest line for Hunters reinforces that connection. Highly doubtful that the plot would revolve around Sylvanas for back to back expansions.

Necromancer: Pros: Would add another caster to the game, highly requested by vocal members of the community, popular class concept
Cons: Abilities, themes, and playstyle already used by existing classes; Death Knights summon a wide variety of undead and spread diseases/Demonology is the summoning caster spec.

Bard: Pros: Would offer a support class which is highly desired. Unique playstyle that some would find refreshing.
Cons: No major lore character is a Bard. Bards were never considered as heroes in any Warcraft game. Traditional playstyle (channeling songs and providing unique buffs) is not very compatible with WoW’s trinity system. Seems like it would make a better profession than a class. I can’t think of any possible expansion theme that would bring a Bard into the game.

2 Likes

They can barely balance what we have now. Hell they flat out ran out of time to balance certain specs like shadow priest and ele shammy and it took them 4+ months to get that fix out.

Adding more to that list wont help.

Or, we fix the current ones we have.
That be a better idea.

3 Likes

9.0 is the class expansion, at least I’m assuming.

People say this every time a new class expansion rolls around.

Blizzard has added a new class each time. They purposely reconfigure each class every expansion, so a perfect balance will never be reached. “Barely balance” is the best you’re going to get.

3 Likes

And you want to throw more on that? Read what you just posted and then tell me that adding more to “Barely balance is the best you’re going to get” is the best action to take.

I’d much rather they rethink current classes and make them a lot cooler first before we start adding more classes. Or do some kind of prestige class feature.

1 Like

Blizzard isn’t going to add more professions. They hate them and are to lazy to put the effort into them.

1 Like

That will hit jackpot but I wonder how much grind you need to do .reputation grind has killed me this xpac lol

I used to call for a 4th spec for EVERY class. But over the years, watching what happens when the devs start fiddling with specs, I’ve withdrawn that call and would actually prefer that they keep their hands off the specs. More classes would mean they’d have to develop three specs for each new class, and I just don’t think they can do it without doubling or tripling the botched meddling they’ll do trying to fix THOSE specs, too.

And with the fine, Fine, FINE job they’re doing with balancing (okay, okay, /sarcasm mode off now), it would be at least two xpacs … maybe three … before the new classes would even come close to being viable in the game.

I welcome unique new classes, but abhor the idea of multiclassing. Yes to the former, no the latter!

1 Like

Warden. Mail. Another class that can use Warglaives.

3 Likes

Blizzard probably has all the classes listed above planned out but they’re time gated. They will release one class with each expansion as to make the most money.

I can see Necromancers being added and maybe Tinkerers but that’s about it.

Anything else isn’t iconic and original enough.

1 Like