Please stop zoning me in Primalist Future

I zoned into Primalist Future, disabled all 4 portals, flew down to hit storm fury boss. Got off 2 attacks, got targeted by an ability, then suddenly found myself zoned into a new instance of the future where all 4 portals were up.

So I cleared them again, went to the boss again, got another 5 seconds into the fight, then zoned to a new instance where all 4 portals were up again.

While disabling the first of the portals, I got zoned into an instance where 3 portals were disabled. Disabled the 4th and started onto attempt number 3 on the boss. Again, 3 abilities in, zoned to a new instance.

While complaining in guild, found out I had a guildmate who was fighting the boss currently, he offered me an invite. I accepted and he got zoned out of his fight into my 4th fresh instance of the Future.

Is it too much to ask that either 1) You donā€™t zone out people who are in combat and/or 2) especially not on a 10 minute fight that they are 8 minutes into?

Thanks

14 Likes

Wow is this really a thing? How incredibly annoying. How did that get thru testing?

This is most commonly due to the ā€œmax number of people in a phaseā€ā€¦ if there is a raid (or two) in your phase actively partied up, then it pushes others out of phase when they invite more people

Itā€™s not that. Read my thread. The event is just plain old broken.

2 Likes

Encountered it for the first time yesterday (was placed in a completed instance, so nothing from it). Asked in /1 if it had just happened to anyone else and there were a fair number ā€œyup, againā€ replies from veterans of the experience.

Iā€™ve had zero issues with the event, and in the past the phasing issues are caused directly because of raid groups getting priority in phases. Your thread simply states the same issue and has no evidence to the contrary

And no, before anyone tries, Iā€™m not saying that because I havenā€™t had the issues described, that they ā€œdonā€™t existā€ā€¦ Iā€™m stating what has caused similar issues in the past with other events

Which is ridiculous if they are already in combat.

It doesnā€™t need any evidence to the contrary. Iā€™m not trying to contradict that what you say can happen. But it isnā€™t whats happening to me and a bunch of other people re this event. Both borked things could be happening simultaneously. The issue is that some shards are just screwed. Be thankful you havenā€™t been on a broken shard.

1 Like

I donā€™t argue this fact. In some of the presently described cases people are between combats when it happensā€¦ but I have had it in past expansions where Iā€™m actively in combat doing a world quest in an area where a worldboss is, and pushed to a new phase. Iā€™m not defending the issue, nor the fact that it still existsā€¦ itā€™s a relic of phasing as far back as phasing began sometime during WotLK

I donā€™t mean to be ornery, but how are you certain that itā€™s not whatā€™s happening in your case as well? If people arenā€™t around the elemental storm portions, they could be at the elemental chest, for exampleā€¦ or happen to be on the other side of the zone where you havenā€™t seen 15-20 people working the other capture pointsā€¦ and this week the world boss is in the primalist future, so itā€™ll just add to the issue

Because I checked for myself all those places. Iā€™ve had this issue happen to me so often now that I fly around and see whatā€™s happening. I also updated my thread to state that everyone in the shard gets punted. Not just me. Which means the entire in-combat shard gets booted to a shard where the event is not up. This one fact disqualifies your theory.

Also the elemental chest de-phasing right when the event ends because too many people??? Twice??? In the exact same fashion??? No. A shard should be able to handle more than a couple dozen people in an entire area lmao. You used to have more than that just camping a rare in Mechagon for Peteā€™s sake. Remember, the elemental chest has despawned TWICE in the exact same fashion (again, not just for me but for everyone else around me).

Iā€™ve experienced the ā€œregularā€ being pushed into a new shard before. I know what it looks like. The usual tell-tale signs are not there in this case. Something else is going on here than the usual shard hopping.

2 Likes

There is no way to tell if ā€˜everyoneā€™ is being punted from a shard, but multiple people stating something about it related to the same shard is at least compelling anecdotal. The issue can also be that there are tools to ā€œmassā€ create parties, which can push people out of phases. Iā€™m not saying that the original issue IS the issue here, and Iā€™m not saying your experience is flawed, but you do have to view things from all angles. Broken shards can exist, and the worst part is, the dumping of players is probably related to the shard forcing a reboot to repair the issue and not the opposite of the shard breaking and dumping peopleā€¦ itā€™s a 6/half dozen situation, either way people are dumpedā€¦
Youā€™re not wrong about shards being able to handle more than a couple dozen people, but again, purely from my own experience and thatā€™s all, I havenā€™t experienced this issue first hand, so I can only provide speculation, as can anyone on the forums. This is GD, not CS or bug reportingā€¦ most GMs wonā€™t even look here for problems, so if you feel this is a technical issue, you might want to try the appropriate forums for the post about it

I literally see everyone in the area with my own eyes being punted with me. No one else is anywhere else in the zone. Everyone in the zone is in my vicinity and everyone gets punted with me. Maybe I missed 1 or 2 people remaining in the original shard. Maybe. But Iā€™ve seen it happen twice now and not a single person around me as far as I can tell dematerialised (an indication that they remained on the shard you just got punted from).

And besides, shard dumping in that fashion does not work that way. Normally it is a case of the few being punted whilst the majority remains on the original shard. Whereas in this case it is the exact opposite.

2 Likes

Seems like phasing people are dropping raids on it.

This happened to me 4 times today. Cleared all 4 portals, engaged the boss, boss down to 18% health (59%, 94%, and 28% other times) just to have it change me to a new instance of the Primalist Future. No credit, nothing.

1 Like

Would you believe me if I said they didnā€™t test it?

1 Like

Ridiculous that this is still happening. I just cleared 4 portals, engaged the final boss, got it to like 40%, then got phased out. Why??

Because multidollar company, thatā€™s why. :expressionless:

I got phased out of the event into a phase where the event wasnā€™t even up :frowning: