Please Stop Forcing PvPer's to PvE

I woke up today and planned on writing this extremely well written essay about how Blizzard needs to bring back the old days of separating PvE from PvP in Shadowlands.

However, I don’t think I need to do that because from their actions of bringing back PvP Vendors, it show’s they are moving in the right direction.

With that said, I have been hearing things that PvP gear that the vendors carry will not be as strong as PvE gear… This, if true, will render the PvP vendor idea useless.

This is still forcing PvPer’s to PvE because anyone wanting to climb and compete at a higher rank will be forced to PvE. Word will get around and then mostly everyone will just avoid the vendors and just go straight to PvE.

Blizzard… you guys need to stop forcing PvP players to PvE…seriously. Get it out…just go meditate on it. Bring back the guy that created resilience on gear because he had the thinking cap on.

PvE’ers got melted by players in full PvP gear (they could do well up to a certain point) and they should…and PvP players couldn’t pull as much dps in PvE…hence…

in order to do well in PvE or PvP one had to gear up for it specifically in it’s own environment.

These hours upon hours upon hours upon hours and on and on and on of PvE just to PvP is, in my opinion…the worst idea that has been implemented EVER.

Please… do not make PvPer’s PvE… please… Stop it. Now.

140 Likes

Imagine if PvE’ers were forced to do PvP as a prerequisite to progress into heroic and mythic raiding. The amount of crying and complaining would be unprecedented.

129 Likes

I think about this all time.

It would be an complete outrage! However, the developer’s, for some reason, see that…

PvE’ers should NEVER PvP to get their gear to advance in PvE…

But yet… they think that PvP’ers should PvE.

Just doesn’t make sense.

38 Likes

Inb4 the PvE mains come in to berate you

14 Likes

5 weeks if you want to stay on 1.4k for the conflict and strife essence

weeks.

6 Likes

You forgotten the cloak quest in MOP? People were raging so hard that they were force to do pvp BG.

15 Likes

I only played MoP for a few months after it released. I don’t recall a cloak quest at the time. So you only had to do a BG and people complained about it? Not surprised.

Now imagine having to do 15+ keys, 5 Mask Visions and mythic raiding every week if you wanted to progress in Arena.

21 Likes

I was a pvp boy like you…
I hate the raids, but the m+ are really good. Once you are invited you can’t get kicked it’s like a battleground and you can farm your gear for pvp.
It’s really fun.

Long as it works both ways sounds great~

1 Like

As much as it infuriates pro PvPers every time I say it…

Literally the only way to fix this is to have some sort of stat template system. No, I don’t mean the one from Legion - a better one, more akin to how PvP works in GW2.

There’s always been some item or other that’s absolutely ludicrous when taken into PvP - usually a trinket. Even when the PvP gearing system’s been at its absolute best, like WoD, I recall people wringing their hands about trinkets.

So as long as gear is a factor in PvP at all, PvE-ers will have an edge. Even if not in pure power, the ability to simply get certain trinkets etc. represents a significant advantage.

tl;dr: WoW PvP is always going to be an inconsistent, imbalanced mess to some degree. Enjoy it for what it is, 'cause you’d have to make it something else entirely to remove these issues outright.

10 Likes

Seperating gear would just be stupid , we already have to get different sets for different specs . I see no reason a pve player should get melted because he has pve gear , nor do i see a reason for a pvp player to get melted by someone in m+ gear and i sure dont see a reason pvp player are forced into pve…

That said , With vendors it should end up good . If you want to be extra efficient in gearing for pvp , doing some pve is the way . Other way around should work too. But in zero way should they be seperated .

475 pvp gear should be equal for 475 pve gear all the time , in both pve and pvp .

9 Likes

No. Definitely no. PvP gear should be good for pvp and PvE gear should be good for pve. Thats it. PVE gear should NOT be best in slot for pvp or vise versa. In my opinion when they had resilience it made pvp better. I honestly disagree and think that someone in full pve gear should get melted by someone in full pvp gear when it comes to something like arenas. It just logically makes sense.

31 Likes

Then I would suggest having a split inventory menu where pvp gear has 0 effect in instanced pve and vice versa for pvp gear. Warmode is whatever since it is a trash bin.

Well, yeah, because the main game is PvE; PvP is just side content.

9 Likes

if pvp were really about skill, why worry about gearing for it at all? just give us a system where everyone has a template

10 Likes

And why exactly would someone want to stay at 1400 while getting that essence?

Exactly Voltagebaus,

I would also like to add in that…

Players that are fine with grinding hours and hours of PvE content for PvP purposes, doesn’t mean that it works for most of the PvP community.

There are a lot of PvPer’s that do not have that time to put in to get the best gear.

Having Vendors sell the best gear for PvP, allows players like myself and many others, log in for an hour or two a day or a few days a week and still be able to obtain the gear we want and need.

I myself, only have 3 or 4 days out of the week to play and with an hour or two within those days, that doesn’t allow me to raid or do many mythic +.

Allowing PvP vendors to sell the BEST gear for PvP with currency, allows me and many other to still enjoy the game like we used to.

9 Likes

Why would the same ilvl piece be better vs player or better vs AI ? If that’s your logic behind your argument …

Like seriously the only thing it bothers me with is having to keep extra sets of gear , im still farming both to gear up . Making it the way you think it should would just clog my inventory and make me have 4 extra sets in bags when i already have to carry 3…

But hey we’ll see in shadowland how it is , not like any of us knows for sure , but good luck with your pvp exclusive gear mentality and how fast it’s gonna kill the already dead mini-game that pvp is !

3 Likes

They did in Legion. Was one of the worse PvP expansions ever. Comes right after BFA which is hands down the biggest clown show.

4 Likes

Be great at all aspects of the game to truly be great.
It’s an MMORPG, not a moba.

2 Likes