Please stop calling it "Dark Ranger" skin

Fact is it is an undead elf skin. Priests and paladins and NOT dark rangers.
It is extremely damaging to the Dark Ranger enthusiasts to call this one cosmetic option a “Dark Ranger Skin” when all elves can use it, except Nightborne because they’re not elves anymore or something.
Please call it Darkfallen skin or anything else to reverse the damage that has been done already.
This is a big deal. Imagine if they give 10.0 engineer a “Tinker” skin. This would not be okay.

28 Likes

I’d be ok with this

29 Likes

To me, this would be really cute. I know you disagree and that’s fine, but I think that skins and really good customization options (including tooltip customization) are the perfect solution. There aren’t more classes to balance that steal too much from other classes, and people get more control over their character’s fantasy.

9 Likes

Dark. Ranger. Skin. I don’t get the drama over this.

51 Likes

Lol. Did your leg fall off? Or maybe an arm? It what way were you extremely damaged?

You know, you can just not let what other people say bother you.

25 Likes

Really depressing the community is willing to accept a low effort pallette swap as a valid class fantasy. I’m sure you’re happy to sit in town making bolts all day and still call yourself a tinker.

I am not. Dark Ranger is being dumpsterd right now to give elves yet another variant. Dark Ranger is being dumpsterd as a 2 race “class” (3 if you count high elves as seperate (

5 Likes
26 Likes

This is an extremely serious issue, you guys! Stop laughing!

25 Likes

Now has a reason to call it the “dark ranger” skin

11 Likes

Isn’t it a bit discriminatory to think only hunters can be Rangers? Pretty sure the Dúnedain were skilled in various arts of war, craft, and trade, while the Rangers of Ithilien were specifically a regiment tasked with protecting Gondor from Orcs and Southrons.

8 Likes

Nightborne are no longer elves. We have ascended into something more than elves!

3 Likes

Dark rangers always had a Hunter/rogue mix vibe to me… with some death magic thrown in as well.

3 Likes

19 Likes

This thread should just be about this now. I want a Tinkerer skin! GIVE US TINKER SKIN! chants

TINKER
TINKER
TINKER!

5 Likes

That’s actually happening. :slight_smile:

Yeah, it doesn’t make much sense. I understand why Blizzard did this, and I do think some people will get a lot of enjoyment out of this… that being said, Night Elves and Void Elves shouldn’t have gotten these options.

2 Likes

I agree. Dark Rangers should have been their own class.

4 Likes

It is literally called Dark Ranger customization by Blizzard.

It’s not something we made up.

22 Likes

Oh my god who actually gives a crap.

18 Likes

what happened to you ? your nose and mouth are missing. hehe
(your profile is amazing!)

Things being mislabeled or an oversight is a common issue. I know blizz themselves named it, doesn’t mean we should parrot them.