Please revert feral hotfix/use 2.0 energy [FIXED, ty Blizz!]

But we aren’t. They’re using 2.4.3 as a base. They’ve already changed attunements, raid progression, blacksmithing weapons, swift flight form, boss stat values, seal twisting, seal of blood, Zephyr, guild banks, added boosting, added cash shop, and many other changes. Also 2.4.3 allows trolls blood resets. You need to either accept that or admit that you want #somechanges.

2 Likes

This can be fun until you fail to hold aggro because you’re relying 100% on Rage from autos (if no Maul) and Critical Strikes.

Shear can’t miss, so you have to compensate quite a bit more with Agility to hit the 100% mark for this ability.

What’s a blue post and how do I buy one?

2 Likes

Ok so they can nerf feral energy regeneration by 50% also, because they are changing the game, right?

Or disable cat raiding, make only bear viable.

There are wide things that they can do.

But no one is asking what they should do.

They should NOT do anything. Leave the game as it was in 2.4.3. But since they already changed it, they might as well fix this bug which allows feral druids to benefit from unintended energy regeneration.

Otherwise they might just leave as well the healing bug from the Bloodberry Elixir with tree of life, that allowed you to have insane heals like 100k+

2 Likes

I don’t want to alarm you, considering your stance on powershifting, but bears can also power shift.

It’s switching from bear to bear to make use of the furor rage mechanic to generate rage when you’re on 0.
This worked very well in classic when off-tanking and allowed 100% maul uptime with every auto attack.

Did this quite often.
Intended to do this in TBC as well.

2 Likes

We are. Patch 2.4.3 was always the intended aim for class balance, and that’s indicated quite clearly by the list you just posted. Paladins aren’t losing Combat Expertise, Druids aren’t gaining 2.0 Bear Mangle, etc.

Which is likely to be squashed as a bug that Blizzard didn’t intend in the slightest, much like bug corrections we saw during Naxx that resulted in Hunters getting AP from more sources.

Good times…

I’d love to know what you think my stance is.

Yes.

Sure.

No one is stopping you.

Right. My point is that you have to compensate for the loss of Miss you have from Defense, so that’s likely another 6-7%.

Not… particularly no. The vast majority of our rage income comes from getting melee smacked in the face. Maintaining Lacerate x5, Mangle, and Maul spam without taking a single melee hit is a tall order.

There ya go!

Or just remove Trollsblood having any impact on things other than Health per 5… as intended.

1 Like

We suggest a system that was in TBC that many people want and that prevents trolls blood spamming and you suggest they disable cat raiding???

That ship sailed long ago for TBC.

It can’t miss, but it CAN be dodged. I distinctly remember solo tanking the entirety of Illidan outside of demon phase and flames. All while using the odd blue items such as the [

Auchenai Monk’s Tunic

](https://www.wowhead.com/item=29340/auchenai-monks-tunic and Arcane Loop of Eluding(? been so long), which ironically the level 63 quest reward has the best dodge (with agility) available on ANY chest outside of Carnal instinct which iirc was a muru drop.

And honestly, at that point if you’re geared enough to become dodge capped (obviously with raid buffs/scrolls/elixirs etc) rage starvation is a pipe dream.

Can we add those to the shop? I would swipe.

1 Like

Please link to post calling hunter AP a bug. Infact, I think I remember hunter AP being on a ‘Not-a-Bug’ list?

Blizzard never said that the 2.2 patch was meant to affect powershifting back in 2007, in fact the only blue post from back then about it is somone saying they dont think it was intended. Trollsblood is a clever 2.2 solution to an unintnended 2.2 problem. Remove the problem, you remove Trollsblood.

I’m simply saying remove the troll blood bug. I’ve filled a bug today in Beta with my feral druid, giving the link to WOWHEAD’s article. as well.

You wanna make a new game. I heard in retail feral energy regen is just fine.

I would like to reiterate now for the third time (since you seem to be missing the point): You did not read the words written in the patch notes, you merely forced an interpretation that you wanted on a few words there without reading the complete sentences as written. For reference, if this were a composition class, I’d consider awarding you a barely passing grade.

Maintaining that your specific interpretation is also the Official Blizzard interpretation when we quite clearly have the opposite interpretation already live is conspiratorial. Chugweaving is intended because it is consistent with the wording in the patch notes. If you think this is not the case, provide evidence to the contrary outside of your conspiracies. This says nothing about you as a person. Many conspiracy-theorists are likely fine people. But do not expect your conspiracies to be taken at face-value when you bear the burden of proof here.

That’s funny, since there’s only one interpretation of “some power” consistent with both the evidence already live in the game and with the wording in the patch.

Some means ‘any in a set’. The set here happens to be the set previously mentioned in the same sentence. Do all anaphors throw you off, or just this one?

It is. See above.

But don’t worry feral druid community. Paladins were given seal twisting and the other factions seal for free.

Oh what’s that? You want actual TBC era energy ticks so your class more accurately represents what it was like in 2007-8? Sounds like a whole lot of #NotAPaladin and #changes. And we can’t be having that. You might encroach on modern blizzards favorite class by having them fix your dps. And we can’t be having any class favoritisms, now can we?

Now if you don’t mind, we need to go and buff the paladins some more, somehow with more non-tbc changes.

I’m not sure what your issue is with a system that works and the majority of classic and classic TBC feral players would prefer. Especially if we are getting changes, it seems as if its this change specifically that bothers you (atleast from what i’ve gathered). could you please elaborate if this is true.

From Patch 2.2: “Power Regeneration: Any effect which triggers a change in your rate of power regeneration (Mana, Rage, Energy, Focus) will now cause an immediate reward of some power at the old rate of increase, and then begin new “ticks” of power at the new rate approximately 2 seconds later. This was done to improve functionality of abilities such as Evocation and Innervate so that they did not have wasted “ticks”.”
Trolls blood clearly falls in line with 2.4.3. It causes a change in power regeneration, which causes an immediate reward of power. And yet shapeshifting resets it as well despite the fact that it has no effect on power regeneration.
Trollsblood chugging is MORE accurate to 2.4.3 patch notes than feral energy currently is. You cant pick and choose your mechanics and say “this is accurate to 2.4.3”. Just acknowledge that 2.4.3 energy was a mess. It was a mistake to try to base TBC Classic off of it in the first place.

1 Like

Let’s read again:

And:
~

health is not included there.
A clear bug.

And why it is a bug:

If anything it has to do with the technology of their server engine back then which calculates the results. Hopefully fixed shortly.

ooh ooh! do mp5 weapon swapping next!!

Sweet now I don’t need to farm herbs, just weapon swap with a mana oil to do the same thing!

That’s literally been our reason to use 2.0 energy from the start. 2.4.3 was full of weird consequences like this.
Blizzard even used 2.0 energy for the vast majority of the beta.