Please revert feral hotfix/use 2.0 energy [FIXED, ty Blizz!]

Feral is working exactly as it did in TBC.

3 Likes

No, it’s working as it did at the end of TBC… and there was an uproar about this back then. I mained feral all the way through.

3 Likes

For anyone who wants it, here’s a link of a report that shows the software development team did in fact intentionally alter how feral energy works in TBCC. You’ll have to insert the www and .com it wouldn’t let me post otherwise. Also, apparently I was mistaken. This isn’t the change they made towards the end of the expansion. They did mess it up back then and it’s very similar, but this time it was intentional.

.pcgamesn./world-of-warcraft/burning-crusade-druids-changes

2 Likes

We have a work around for PvE and I would really like a fix for pvp.

Players are better now and this clunky energy system isn’t helping. Timing shifts with ticks is very fun and far from game breaking with the -50% hit our finishers seems to have

2 Likes

12 hrs no post?
Bump

1 Like

inb4 2068th post…

Lemme see if I got this straight. Blizzard made a change, and some players didn’t like that change. But Blizzard didn’t immediately apologize and reverse the change. What were they thinking?

What a bummer! My druid hit 40 and I got the leather head-thingy and everything. I was all set to try out power-shifting…then this happened!

Maybe we can hire that English fellow, Sherlock H…his last name escapes me for the moment.

Or maybe he wouldn’t help. This thread seems to be full of comments like “Blizzard did X, but they really meant Y”. Not even Sherlock can interpret the REAL thoughts (not actions) of people 10+ years ago…

Wow, that’s brutal! But if power-shifting still works, I guess I’ll give it a try.
“Mediocre DPS” here I come!

On top of all that we’re still getting 19 energy ticks instead of 20 randomly. So even if you decide to double mangle instead of double shred/troll’s blood, it would still leave you 1 energy short when a tick is 19 for whatever reason forcing you to wait for next tick.

I tried the “power-chugging” troll’s blood joke of a meta today in kara and although it did put me 1st on the meter against lock & mage for a couple fights, you have to be out of your mind to expect the playerbase to do that every raid.

Hoping for the best but expecting the worst :wink:

Its fine
Druid doing bunch of feral doing 1300 dps on grull and they are litterally 2e after melee weaving hunter on some figth. NOT ME BTW I JUST LOOK AT THE DPS RANKING AND FERAL AS NOTHING WORTH COMPLAINING

Yeah because they’re powerchugging trolls blood lol

Having to use a Troll’s Blood Potion every 3.5 seconds is a very unsustainable stack. Having to have 30+ stacks of Troll’s Bloods to just go to a raid night, is ridiculous! A single raid boss fight lasting 5 minutes needs 5 stacks of these potions.

Feral druid energy needs to be fixed. This energy change, was #SomeChanges decided by Blizzard, completely moved feral to bottom tier without having to min-max.

Now in order to even be middle-tier we have to chug these potions, power shift, and weapon swap.

I bear mostly right now, and am trying to train dps to not multishot everything before I hit them lol

While they are basic trolls that hate people trying to have a little more fun out of a class we are used to…I appreciate Fasc and Ziryus bumping this thread for us!

1 Like

The energy system has been reverted to classic on both PTR and BETA.

IN YOUR FACE FASC LOL

Can’t wait, thank you Blizzard!!!

1 Like

In the ‘frequent posters’ section you can see who bumped this thread the most, so I would personally love to thank Fasc for all the hard work put into making sure this change got through. You must really love the old energy ticks!

1 Like

Neat!

…by all means quote me saying they shouldn’t make this change.

Your hundreds of posts in this thread do nothing but that, to demonstrate this we don’t need to break up posts into extraneous blocks of quotes like you have a penchant for.

1 Like

…so you can’t find a single quote of me saying “Blizzard should absolutely not do this change and I’m 100% against it if they do.”

I’ve posted so much, I’ve given you so much fodder, and THIS is your moment to shine and shove crow into my fat gullet!! Let’s see it!

EDIT: Here, I’ll help you out:

Keep bumping it up, thanks Fasc!

2 Likes

HOLY CRAP GUYS WE DID IT! THEY SEPERATED ENERGY FROM MP5 AND HP5 TICKS ON THE BETA!
In hopefully just a few weeks both shift resets and powerchugging will be dead Q_Q
I’m so happy.

7 Likes

RIP powerchug dps. But I’m very glad this is getting fixed quickly.

Also, WTS Trollsblood potion in bulk.

1 Like

Agreed, I’d gladly trade less max dps for a much smoother rotation that doesn’t feel like a buggy mess. This also helps us ditch Wolfshead in PVP and solo content. Thank god.

2 Likes