Please revert back to Personal Loot / Here is why

Then you wouldn’t have to give yours away. Doesn’t mean other people shouldn’t be able to give theirs away if they want to.

In both cases I was against the removal of the loot option.

Because options are good.

Blizzard doesn’t like good thing, they really needed that big fat L for Dragonflight and were struggling to come up with one. This is now Dragonflight’s Covenants/Azerite Gear/4 Leggos max/No Flying.

They think Blizz would keep the only drops useable loot in this upgraded pl system.

1 Like

I think that depends.

When I’m doing LFR stuff on an alt, I actually really enjoy being able to give away “my” drop to someone who actually benefits from it (and sometimes instead of announcing it as up for giveaway go through inspecting my fellow raid members to see who I can benefit most by giving it to them). That’s fun.

On the other hand, back in early BFA I remember being part of a guild that demanded that I give away a personal loot drop that was an upgrade for me (because it was a bigger upgrade for the guild leader’s buddy) under pain of being kicked from the guild if I didn’t. That was not so fun.

I haven’t seen a single person who’s complained about this change that actually knows what they’re talking about lmao.

For organised groups? There is no difference.

For PuGs and LFR? The Personal Loot system is much less exploitable.

This is one of the cases where you can have your cake and eat it too. Blizzard just decided to throw the cake on the floor for some reason.

The only way people can “exploit” group loot is other people in the raid want more than their fair share. Need before greed can’t be exploited.

How would this be exploitable in pugs/lfr?

Beyond people just asking you to trade loot there is nothing anyone can do.

With the need/greed changes, the trading changes, and the fact that people can longer loot duplicates of items they have already it’s actually a massive improvement on the current personal loot system.

people are scared of numbers apparently. Seeing others roll 100 and then if they don’t win, distresses them so it must happen behind the scenes.

I think you’ve misunderstood my point. I’m comparing the hypothetical modified personal loot system to the planned group loot system for Dragonflight. Not to the currently implemented personal loot system.

I see what you’re saying but at the end of the day it doesn’t really make a difference beyond what it’s called. This new group loot system is an improvement in basically every way so why not just roll with it?

The only downside I could possibly see for people is that you actually see the rolls happening instead of them occurring behind the scenes which is a ridiculous thing to be upset about anyway.

Even if group loot was an improvement (and I don’t think it is). Why settle for it when we could have an even better loot system for even less effort? A loot system that doesn’t foster ill-will by pitting players directly against each other. We could have a loot system that works for everyone, it’s right there. Blizzard only has to make a handful of changes to personal loot.

If we’re asking anyone capable of loot speccing to tank or healer just to maybe see trinkets drop for the first time ever in the raid tier, it’s not a good system. Seeing the same rings and cloaks drop 3-4 times every week is not a good system.

2 Likes

Don’t need Group Loot for that. Blizzard could tune the drop rates to give Personal Loot a better balance.

1 Like

What if Blizz made ML the only option, but every boss dropped 40 pieces of loot?

Then who ever was master looter will be very well geared.

Yes because every boss drops every slot…

:roll_eyes:

I’d feel sorry for the ML, they might never actually get to hit anything during the raid. Just going boss to boss to pass out loot. :dracthyr_crylaugh:

2 Likes

It’s a completely unrealistic scenario so who says they can’t?

I don’t know, every boss loot table since raids were added?

1 Like