Please remove the time limit on Poisons

Please make it so once we apply a poison its on our weapon until we want to change it, Its annoying have to reapply poisons every hour for no reason other then just because.

16 Likes

This is just the nature of weapon buffs as a whole for the game. It is a bit tedious at times but there should be at least a little RP in an RPG. If it helps try to look at it more similarly to party buffs in a way but just for yourself.

4 Likes

Get creative mate, I use it as a timer for RL things. Poisons falling off? I should check my laundry or that banana bread is close to finishing.

11 Likes

How is the duration of an ability rp? How would RPing be any different from applying a buff more often?

Anyone else remember when you had to buy reagents to make your own poisons?

15 Likes

Because you are applying a poison which if you happened to do in real life would eventually wear off so you would have to apply it again hence an RP action. It is an action that brings more immersion to the class.

That’s a great idea, I didn’t even think of that. Maybe you can enchant your weapon with poisons so I don’t have to go and put them on again and again. That would be awesome. Log in, your poisons are saved. And if you put a new poison on, that’s fine!

I remember having a female dwarf paladin ask me if I could put poison on her blade in a BG once. Good times.

6 Likes

You sound like the Rping warlocks that screwed every other warlock by removing the non pet locked interupt because “iTs HurTZ the ClasS FanTasy”

1 Like

Don’t get so offended, I’m not saying I disagree that it would make it easier to have the duration removed I’m just saying that it makes sense and I understand their reasoning for wanting to keep it a part of the game.

As far as the warlock thing there is both a positive and a negative to having it locked to a pet. If it’s locked to a pet you are forced to one pet for interrupts but they can still use the interrupt while being CC’ed such as in PvP you get stunned but can keep a caster from blowing you up and same goes for other like scenarios in other content.

You gotta look at things from more than just your own perspective to get the full grasp of things because any change affects everyone not just ourselves.

1 Like

I’d like to think that at this point, we’re skilled enough to make our poisons last a lot longer, or that we’d have some auto reload so to speak for them. Back when we were lowly adventurer’s 18 years ago sure we needed help to craft them, but now these rogues are experienced

4 Likes

Pretty good way to RP it. At max level or something, maybe? Would solve being in a raid and having your poisons drop off mid fight (if you forgot to refresh at the start of the raid).

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind either way. The big issue with poisons is that they sometimes drop when they shouldn’t. Like instance transfers and such. And making them last forever wont fix that, I don’t think. :frowning:

4 Likes

What in that post made you think i was super offended? I just think its silly to force people into RP for the select few. Majority of players dont RP its weird to force them to.

I like how all the “Poisons” vendors now basically only have vanishing powder. Lot of useless NPC’s around nowadays

3 Likes

brah, i would KILL to have our poison making skills back.
i want to have a whole poison crafting UI, kind of like alchemy, dedicated to mixing special rogue-only materials found from pickpocketing and looting and lockboxes and literally anywhere, and we as rogues can discover fancy new brews to drink and poisons to apply to our weapons.

imagine mixing deathweed with a healing potion and discovering a new type of poison that applies a stacking dot that doubles as a healing absorb.
or mixing common and/or uncommon herbs with rare highly toxic liquids stolen from across the worlds, and creating a one time poison that acts as a short duration weapon buff for crazy damage or effects, or at the very least a throwable poison vial upon failure.
imagine having dozens of secret combinations all throughout every expansion that lets rogues make and play with their own poison concoctions.

blizz, let me design this. it would add so much flavour to the rogue class, or at least assassination.

8 Likes

Yes please.

1 Like

Sin should be able to do that!!

1 Like

I dunno, I kind of like applying poisons. It’s one of the few temporary buffs I’d fight for. It’s unique to the class.

Besides, any content I’m running results in an hour being long enough. I just have all my temp buffs for m+ runs in a row on my side bar. Flask, food, stones, poisons, runes, etc. part of my pre dungeon routine.

1 Like

Sounds like a fun idea, honestly, especially if done as a rogue-specific profession, outside of alchemy. Here’s hoping they call you about it :wink:

1 Like