Please reconsider your stance on retail/classic reward linking

But I also think I’m in the minority. Game play to me was first and foremost. I was never much of a graphics person. I don’t play any new games. Really. If i want to play a FPS, I play Doom. I found Broodwar far superior to Starcraft 2 despite it’s nice graphics and improved UI. Streetfighter Super Turbo is still my favorite fighting game. I finished Final Fantasy 9 for like the 5th time a week ago. I still play Dos based PC games.

I couldn’t care less about new or old models, guild banks, or LFG (the non teleporting, no cross realm one). The fact that we’re most likely going to get a 1.12 experience (here’s to hoping private servers really messed up), is a deal breaker for me at this point.

1 Like

CE ownership> current retail.
non CE ownership> vanilla remake.

the original (which is now bfa) and vanilla remake (classic) are two different entities.

you have nothing left to discuss.

1 Like

Too bad Blizzard sees it differently and is discussing it. Ciao.

i will wait for a link. until then-

You’re in luck!

You’re cherry picking again.

He literally said “actually, we hadn’t discussed this at all. Hm col, i’ll mention it”

That is as far as that stone rolled.

In the next post he says “dont hold your breath. Think of classic and retail as two separate games”

We have got them to THINK about it, and perhaps add a classic CE for us… Pushing and pushing this along side the other “please add/change/letmeXmog” will just push them further away from allowing original CE owners their pets, much less giving us more CE’s

and again::::: it was part of YOUR experience, but not the EXPERIENCE OF THE GAME ITSELF. which is what they are trying to do. So. Its not going to be guaranteed - take the win we have about the CE’s my man. I’m excited too if we can get a new CE with classic… But none of the other stuff.

Mmmm, nope, it’s still rolling. They haven’t said it stopped yet.

Yeah, it was. You gonna say that to the thousands of people that bought vanilla CEs?

if you say so. keep in mind that i couldnt find his original post and that is why it is shown as Fes quoting it.

We dont even know if it’s still rolling or not.

We got an “I’ll ask”

then got a “But please, think of these two games as completely separate”

So. That stone is currently schrodinger’s rock. Is it rolling or is it still? So long as we dont observe it we dont change its nature and thus it could still be moving. Or not. If we attempt to brow beat them into it, and they tell us whats going down. We inherently change the nature of the action as it is under observation. So. Dont observe the object and the nature of the object will not change.

Omg guys just let him have his small sliver of hope.
Seriously if the past few days haven’t changed his mind this won’t either.

1 Like

i was one of them. It was awesome. But ALSO. I know I had those pets on my old retail account. I already got them. And with Classic being a separate entity entirely from retail does not mean I ASSUME just cuz anybody has a classic CE means they’ll just get given them.

Again, its not gameplay/world experience of the game. It doesnt impact play, and systems. Just people running by “ZOMG WHAR DID U GIT DAT? DAFUQ?”

in other words: the original vanilla and the vanilla remake (classic), will be two different licenses. you already claimed everything from the original CE. unless blizzard releases something completely new for the remake, you are sol.

1 Like

Except you need your account to access Classic. That account has the CE pets flagged. So maybe Blizzard’s not really separating both games. “We don’t want to support two MMOs”, and the new “retail” folder in the WoW directory.

And Blizzard said they could make an exception. Or a separate CE. I don’t care which, so long as those pets aren’t lost in Classic.

I mean…

My blizzard account lets me access both Diablo and WoW… but doesnt mean that its the same game. Classic and Retail will have the exact same thing. It’ll be another tab on your blizzard launcher.

Just saying “MY ACCOUNT HAS IT ON RETAIL SO THIS NEW SUBSECTION GAME NEEDS TO HAVE IT TOO” is still laughable at best as an argument.

it would HAVE to be a separate license aka CE. so your rant is irrelevant.

Yeeeeeaaahhhh, except Blizzard said they’ll look into it. So your opinion is irrelevant.

thats not at all what they said. you can not claim a reward twice. you can only register a game ONE TIME and gain any rewards only once. Not sure how this is hard for you to understand.

That IS what they said. Exactly.

And Blizzard owns the code and the rules, not you.