Please reconsider your stance on retail/classic reward linking

i did, but it was more like a hood then a helmet, my helmet changed.

It looks nice. Do you like my hideous skull cap? I haven’t had a chance to mog it since I’ve been leveling too quickly. Gotta tap into that 30% war mode experience.

Code and data are by no means the same thing. Code is the procedural list of instructions that respond to data input according to its own instructions.

A “power function” is the perfect example of this.

Lets say you have a text filled with “data”, consisting of 2 space seperated numbers on each line.

You have “code” that reads the file in, takes the first number to the power of the second number, and writes that into a new file.

To say they are the same thing is to say that a JSON file is code.

Surely you know what JSON file is, right?

1 Like

Even those precious CE pets and Murky are “less than likely” according to a Blue.

I really hope that you enjoy Classic without them.

This, and most of Blizzard works on Data(or scripts which are interpreted by the code), not the code itself. The “code” portion of the house is actually pretty small from my understanding, all things considered. They’re absoltely dwarfed by the teams doing the other “design” work.

id say the CE would less likely , Murky would be a firm no.

CE as in an actual Classic wow CE? Why wouldn’t they make a CE for classic just curious.

oh no my response was just in reference to that whole posting line as thats what I took Ystheins to be talking about being ‘less likely’ or whatever he said, but yah the better solution and more likely honestly would be a new CE.

If you don’t mind catching me up. What are people talking about like the original retail CE being added to classic accounts?

yah that the short of it, what you dont feel like reading 100 back and forth posts?lol:O)

Well, I have been paying attention I am just confused why this topic is still being discussed. The CM even directly commented on one of starmans posts about it so why is he even still thinking it’s a possibility.

Honestly, I would have the expectation that you won’t get them in Classic just because you already own them. That license was to have them in the current game, which you still do.
I can’t 100% say it will or won’t but it’s less than likely, meaning it’s not really something to argue about on the forums.
Assume Retail and Classic are two separate games entirely (apart from the sub granting access to both) unless we announce otherwise.

The way I read this is, "Hey guys I am not under the authority to confirm or deny anything but I WOULDN’T COUNT ON IT WINK WINK

1 Like

I just marvel at the “WE LOVE CMs THEY KNOW WHAT WE WANT” that we got here compared to the hate they typically get.

The CE business is the gigantic ‘maybe’ in terms of a Retail->Classic crossover. Since the Vanilla CE featured codes to redeem pets, a few Vanilla CE owners wish to have those pets in Classic also because there won’t be a ‘CE’ of Classic available for ‘purchase.’

Right? A curious about face indeed… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

well we don’t know that for sure yet though.(the CE for classic that is)

1 Like

No offense, but how is this a giant ‘maybe’? I read ‘don’t count on it’ about 20 times in this thread from the CM and ‘Just consider everything retail and classic completely separate’ even more that I would consider this a giant ‘Forget about it’.

Also, who said there wasn’t a CE for classic? I haven’t heard any of this yet.

2 Likes

When I said ‘giant maybe’ I intended that to mean ‘a very slim chance’.

There isn’t a CE for Classic because the only thing you need buy to play it is a subscription.

First point: Ah gotcha

Second point: Yeah I could see that being the case. But it also wouldn’t surprise me if they added something extra for you to pay for. Honestly, it would be silly not to if you think about it. Just add a couple pets a the quest that you already have the data for and collect easy money.

People have said they’d buy one and there have been a couple of threads talking about what such a CE might include. Personally, I’d mostly be interested only in RL things like a mousepad and/or map-poster, since pets and mounts just take up space in bags and bank.

That wouldn’t be an “authentic experience”, would it?

No, it wouldn’t.

Stop trying to take things away from people because you don’t have them.