Please RE-Merge OCE+US

Agreed remerge with the US please

4 Likes

We were literally merged with US East & US West Battlegroups on the week upcoming to the launch of the Burning Crusade, did you not know this? Trust me, you don’t want to be merged with US East… Makes no sense, physically too much distance.

Again, maybe it’s a Titan thing but you’ve failed to read my comment properly. Why are you disagreeing here? I just provided your initial comment with support by suggesting that if the merger does happen that it needs to be strictly done with US West and not US East.

1 Like

I understand why for the group finder they added in wrath they’d prefer Australians to group with Americans as they both speak English but for Arenas it seems the best solution would be to merge with Asia. You don’t need to coordinate with the opposing team and the Asian datacenters would be much closer giving you far less lag.

Obviously would be an issue if they merged BGs but since this complaint is just about arenas this would be a good compromise.

2 Likes

Haha, forum account created “8 minutes ago”, OP used his second account to post on forums to support himself.

Smooth

i mean it doesnt affect me either way, i just thought i should say what seemed to be a ton of outrage from the OCE community last time it was merged.

Did you just lump all of us OCE folk as Australians? I’m from a real country thank you very much, New Zealand specifically - a much greater land.

1 Like

In reality, the minority are wanting the remerger, the majority advocated against it.

There’s literally a small portion of people in OCE that care about 5’s, and I don’t see Blizzard revolting against the vast majority of people whom complained last time about the merger to accommodate for the small minority of people queuing for 5’s.

That’s Democracy for ya

1 Like

Out of curiosity do you arena or pvp much?

1 Like

My post didn’t only talk about 5v5, it’s all arenas. We can’t queue 2v2 until like 6-10pm unless we want to sit really really long queues into the only other team in the entire region that is queueing up.

1 Like

ya last time was an ocean of mad, this time its a couple people

I’m literally giving you arguments based on ping distance, servers that are best to connect to, and you’re sitting here replying with “do you do arena” - please understand my argument properly Klinda.

To clarify it in a different mannerism, I am willing to support your little minority cause here, providing that US East is not on the discussion board.

OCE should never queue with US East.

US West is a different story, it is a little more tolerable than US East.

The point is exactly that though, there was an ocean of people claiming that they’d be queueing arena and dreamed of australian only matches, now we’re left with noone to fight against, good players will eventually quit or go to US servers and it will only get worse.

US-east queues are an issue for sure, but I don’t see why that should be a concern for blizzard as they already don’t give aussies us east arenas on retail. I understand that happened during the initial merge in bgs occasionally but that should be something they fix rather than having arena be unplayable.

1 Like

All I did was ask you a question out of curiosity like I said. Which you chose not to answer.

2 Likes

Well specify then, are you wanting OCE to be merged with US East & West, or strictly only US West?

Because many people in OCE have a hard time with US East servers, and that was ultimately the problem the first time around

I remember. I played them. There were some laggy games but it wasn’t ‘my ping is so high my spells arent responsive’ lag, it was ‘the server feels unstable’ lag that would even just happen on Arugal from time to time. Most of the US BG’s I got I barely noticed.

I completely disagree with your initial stance that re-merging isn’t needed on the basis that dealing with lag is unpleasant. I appreciate that you can accept merging with USW would be a good thing but if there’s no partial solution, a complete merge is infinitely better for the long term Oceanic pvp scene.

I don’t get why leaving BG’s separated and Arenas merging with Asia wouldn’t be the best option. More people to compete against, language doesn’t matter for arenas, and is much closer than US West for ping

This specific comment here needs to be taken out of the conversation when it comes to talking about ping, because it’s ultimately subjectable to where you live in comparison to the other OCE people.

For me, US West was tolerable (noticed the lag but it was still tolerable to a degree), but the moment I got into US East matches, the melee v melee fights in BG’s was very very noticeable.

Whilst Asia is technically physically closer geographically, the actual underwater internet cables are not, Asia Ping is roughly the same as US East for us (even though Asia is closer physically).

Edit: For New Zealand, I’m unsure what the average Australian player gets with Asia ping

Agreed, trying to minimize how much ping affects you personally is not a good argument.

The problem here is the availability of arena queues.

Arena is simply to hard to queue outside of some specific peak hours, hell even during peak hours it can be hard to have any quality games.

Fair enough, I haven’t queued 3s or 5s in TBC yet, on average how often would you guys say you encounter the same team? Or teams that are similar rating?

Might need to kick off some examples of what your guys experiences are so far with it, for me I’m completely ignorant on it - and only commenting based from a ping perspective