Please provide us with a benchmark tool

I’m having a lot of performance issues this expansion. First Denathrius on CN, now almost all bosses on SoD. Usually I have 120fps+. On pull, specifically, however, when everyone is bursting, my FPS goes to 20~25.

I’m trying to nail the issue down, but it’s almost impossible as Raid Finder queues are usually averaging 1h. And of course I can’t just disable weak auras, details, etc during actual guild tries.

So please give us a repeatable way to test performance.

If anyone interested, these are my specs:
Ryzen 7 2700X
32GB RAM 3000Mhz CL14
RTX 3070Ti
1TB Pcie-4.0 SSD
250Mbps Internet connection
Windows 10 latest version
DX11 (switched from 12 as it seemed to give better perf)

1 Like

Have you tried turning it off and back on again?

2 Likes

Have you tried getting out of the car and then back in, sir?

2 Likes

Aside from the standard “make sure your OS and drivers are all up to date” stuff, you might want to try switching the version of DirectX you’re running WoW in (System > Advanced > Graphics API). Switching that can help with weird performance issues.

1 Like

Oh yea, I forgot to mention that. I used to run DX 12, but then tried DX 11 and it seemed that perf improved. I’m still using it.

This is over kill for Wow lol

Ikr? Still…

Like it or not, but disabling addons is the right answer. Obviously your PC is way overkill for a game like this and assuming you have already done all the driver updates and whatnot, the next likely culprit is addons.

You can easily run LFR as a healer or get one of your guild members to go and give you a tank or healer queue.

My guess would be WeakAuras above other addons. Are you using WAs you make yourself, or just packages from others? Might try deleting WA entirely, reinstalling and only importing the ones you need, see if that helps.

I’m surprised dropping down to DX11 would make things better with a 3070Ti.

I’m surprised dropping down to DX11 would make things better with a 3070Ti.

Yea, I’m bottlenecked by CPU tho :confused: My GPU is only at 30~40% utilization.

And about the comments on addons and WAs, yea, they seem to be mostly the culprit, unfortunately. I just ran some LFRs with a heals friend and I confirmed that. Still though, even the base game without nothing doesn’t run as fast as I would like when in combat (~50FPS).

Would be great if we had a benchmark tool though. I would be able to test pretty quickly multiple iterations of my addons and see what would work best.

They won’t even fix problems they’ve introduced and verified as being problematic:

1 Like

had an issue with current video card drivers - I uninstalled the lot and let windows 10 install them - solved my problem. This was on two computers with different brand cards.