Please make arms fun again

It definitely can be.

Iā€™ve always disagreed with the idea arms should be the big hit spec. Fury, to me, is the wild barbarian that does big hits at the cost of low armor, endurance and survival. Its the big burst spec that gets a little tired out before big bursting again. Arms should be the duelist spec that rains a flurry of well-timed, precise lethal blows. So more of a rot spec with potential for medium burst

If your class fantasy of Fury existed, theyā€™d be wearing leather armor.

I absolutely agree with you on the duelist bit, but not the flurry part. An arms warrior has seen a thousand battles. Thereā€™s actually a quote from one of the Klaxxi in MoP that I think perfectly describes my idea of what an arms warrior should be. Iā€™m not a Bruce Lee buff, but Iā€™m told itā€™s based off of something he said, but anyway, Mallik the Impaler, shortly after meeting him and when he first teaches you his Klaxxi buff in the Dread Wastes, tells you ā€œThe trick, Wakener, is to be like water. Do not resist your enemyā€™s force - simply flow with it. Let his blows drift past you. Then IMPALE HIM.ā€.

I think thatā€™s a pretty good description of something called ā€œMortal Strikeā€.

1 Like

I think the point i was trying to make is in agreement with yours, differences about duelist identify aside. It should feel impactful. The numbers dont have to be big to make it so, or the numbers can be large yet still feel unsatisfying. But using MS, if arms is a duelist, should be setting up a go, making me think ā€œi should be about to kill this thingā€

And to Aratora, sure, but death wish also exists. The main point is there needs to be a tradeoff. Fury should be higher dmg but also higher vulnerability

My biggest issue with arms is honestly the fragility of the spec. I feel weak as a clothie in arms, more so given most cloth have some kind of invulnerability or health regen. I do not feel at all like a plate user when I play it. Iā€™m hard pressed to think of a spec that feels weaker in terms of survivabilty.

Im fine with having no regen. It fits much better in fury, but we should be better at mitigating and taking damage then what we are. Moving our damage a bit away from cooldowns would be welcome as well.

5 Likes

They use to in TBC.

Same, I feel like Arms should be as tanky as a destro lock is now in D stance to make up for no self healing and having one mediocre defensive

3 Likes

I agree, but then other classes would complain that they canā€™t bully warriors.

Sad how much defenses and healing a paladin has and an arms warrior has next to none

Youā€™re so right , even legions play style was fun. Remembering it now .

Legion and Cataclysm had really fun Arms play styles. While I donā€™t mind rend being a good portion of Arms damage, I donā€™t think Arms should be heavily based on rend damage. It was suppose to be something that kept people in combat and allow a bit of kiting. Now it just seems, uh, well hard to explain I guess.

1 Like