Please make arms fun again

What I’m finding interesting is that people who complain about Arms’ damage also invest heavily into Haste.

I think arms currently is super fun especially for pvp. Maybe its a mentality thing?

For PvE haste is the most important stat, followed by crit. For pvp I tend to use verse then haste, sometimes a mastery heavy set for rbgs. Why do you think haste is the problem?

This xpac, ive been pretty successful with my arms warr in pve and pvp. i just think something is missing. i dont know what it is.

Arms should be hitting big, slow, and hard. Haste doesn’t affect how hard a warrior hits, just how often a warrior does. With just under 30% Crit unbuffed & ungemmed I crit very often, and Striking the Anvil is a spectacular trait in the absence of high amounts of haste. I’ve been pushing my gear to be almost exclusively Crit & Versatility, and it’s been working well for me.

2 Likes

That’s your image of Arms. One that hasn’t been a thing since ever.

4 Likes

Dozer, you’re bad and all your threads are bad.

Everytime I see your name in this forum I sigh.

I’ve never understood this obsession that Arms should be ‘big, slow, and hard’. When I think of a ‘battle-hardened master of weapons’ that’s simply not the imagery that comes to my mind.

2 Likes

Is the current meta azerite traits, test of might that force us to take more haste, so that we could squeeze more GCD during the colossus smash window and test of might window to pull more damage during that 20s rotation. Also with our skill’s rage spender is so expensive, we need more haste to swing weapon faster to generate more rage.

1 Like

Whats missing Dozer is Lucid dreams in your major slot with 3x tom . Multiple people in other post told you lucid is your best major with 3x tom
And every time i look at your profile you have flame or iris in major

I’ve tried using lucid as my main and i just feel like it gets wasted. you need to have like 100% uptime on your target to take full advantage of it.

How do you use it? do you warbreaker, pop lucid, spend as much rage as you can during that short window for the big strength buff? is that the move?

What should be by your desires and what is aren’t in line right now. If you want to do good damage you stack haste then crit. It’s working well for me, and is what sims the best. I think my raid parses speak for themselves in that regards.

I do agree that it would be nice to shift some of the bleed damage towards bigger ability strike numbers, but that’s not mechanically important when discussing PvE damage.

Edit: it is very important we make sure we are talking about the same thing, whether it’s PvE or PvP. Lucid is absolutely the best major for raid bar none, and I usually use it for M+ as well with a few exceptions. For PvP there are several options, but C&S, crucible, and BotE are all good options. I would not run lucid major for pvp but absolutely keep it as a minor, along with visions (or C&S). Versatility is key for arms pvp!

Dozer: there’s two major ways to use lucid. For opener or mid fight, it’s: Lucid (sweeping before lucid if more than one target) -> warbreaker -> MS -> WWx3 -> MS -> WWx3 -> MS -> WW until ToM ramp window ends, which depends on lust and haste values. For execute phase it’s very simple, Lucid (SS before if 2+ targets), warbreaker, ashvanes/potion of focused rage -> execute spam. You should have your warbreaker come back up before the first ToM ramp window ends, hold it to use until your ToM buff comes up and continue execute spam.

4 Likes

ah, i see. Got it.

This “big, slow and hard” vision was sold to us during WOD and it didn’t turn out well…

WoD turned Arms Warriors into steel ballerinas.

1 Like

Not sure what the warrior community as a whole things about it, but I greatly enjoyed Legion (post 7.2) arms. I loved colossus/mortal strikes and executioner’s precision, slam-spamming to proc new colossus smashes and really bang out those big hits.

5 Likes

Mastery should be Extra swing chance for arms and also more mastery can increase the chance and damage on extra swing.

Deep Wounds should remain the same and only proc on crit strikes.

2 Likes

The spec is fun right now, but i miss the hard hitting version of arms from legion.

2 Likes

A battle-hardened master of weapons sounds like someone who can take a thrashing and deal immense amounts of damage to their enemies. Big, slow, and hard hits is how I envision that, not small, fast, and weak. If I want small, fast, and weak hits I’ll play a rogue.

But arms isn’t small and weak hits?

1 Like