Please make arms fun again

This spec is so bad this xpac. Only reason i play it is because i wanna play a warrior.

10 Likes

Spec is in a relatively good and fun spot right now compared to a lot of other dps.

2 Likes

You mean in classic or we talking about retail?

1 Like

Retail arms right now is in a decent spot and I have fun with it in both 3s and M+. I enjoy it much more than Legion and WoD version of arms.

1 Like

Wait you don’t enjoy Arms? Why are you insisting on playing it over Fury then?

2 Likes

I mean, I didn’t say i don’t like ams warrior. at the same time i can’t say i like it either. does that make sense?? no?

Do you like the fantasy but not the playstyle?

The play style is kind of clunky yeah. I hope next xpac will fix it. :crazy_face:

1 Like

What part feels clunky? With Striking the Anvil, I enjoy the spec even more. Being able to get a rotation down with OP proc and more MS. I find that to be pretty smooth. Add on CA and ToM maintenance, it flows very well.

I mean I don’t disagree with you, it really feels like they don’t know what arms is supposed to be. That said…I also don’t play it because it feels that way to me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The word clunky gets thrown out alot and I don’t think many people are even sure what it means. But literally no one has ever described Fury that way. Too fast, pain in the wrist, whatever, but never clunky.

1 Like

the word that best describes fury is spammy. it’s very spammy. :crazy_face:

You’re not wrong.

It’s a mastery problem really. We went from scaling on nothing but mastery to it being our worst secondary stat

It needs to at least to have a +Damage against bleeding targets if they’re so insistent on keeping deep wounds.

I’d much rather just have opportunity strikes back as my mastery

5 Likes

Does that really change the playstyle and make it any more or less fun? It seems like you’d use the same abilities at the same times and make the same decisions.

It’s big hits and control.

Instead we got a worse Legion fury with warbreaker - bladestorm windows until 35%

You quoted a really odd slice of my post, are you saying that’s what arms is supposed to be?

Yea idk how I got that slice, all fixed now

No that Arms in bg pvp atm plays similarly to how fury worked in Legion. It was Odyn’s Fury - Bladestorm burst then and it’s Warbreaker - Bladestorm now.

The fact we can’t really scale our hits off anything makes it so the only thing that hits is execute. MS is pretty much a control ability and not the hitter it was in Legion. Why I said Arms is typically Big hits and Control. Right now we still have the control but our burst windows are more aoe than anything else.

I know the arena players will prolly disagree but any time rend spread is a significant portion of our damage, something isn’t working right for Arms

5 Likes

I just want our Execute back. As it stands right now it doesnt deserve the name. Just rename it to Heroic Strike because that what it feels like.

4 Likes

Execute is insane damage with lucid during the execute phase. The individual numbers aren’t insane, so I think it’s more of some of execute damage should shift from the bleed to the upfront.

Speaking of lucid, it’s primarily responsible for making the arms pve rotation very smooth; until the essences it was very clunky. Hopefully some of the issues that essence solved (in regards to rage generation) becomes baked into the arms kit.

I personally don’t mind the bleed style because I’ve always seen arms as a duelist/wounding style of fighting in regards to the fantasy, but I wouldn’t mind seeing some more of that damage moved to the upfront damage. One way to do that is shift mastery to be crit damage multiplier or similar while making deep wounds tied just to strength/verse scaling, and not tied to mastery.

2 Likes

I haven’t had any complaints about retail Arms, personally. I have my rotation and it works well. Then again, I never played a Warrior between Classic and BfA, so my perspective is different. Hunters have been my mains since vanilla, so that’s the class where I felt the greatest pain when going into BfA from Wrath.