Please lock/delete thread

Question answered

Yeah I noticed that too. Assuming they said they’ll do the former I would just guess that’s what they’ll do

I’m pretty sure Holinka was referencing “upgrading PvP armor sets via rating” similar to modern SL system during the interview he had with Bajheera. I interpreted it as being the same system, more or less.

1 Like

I gotta be honest man why you care when this is on pace to be 10x worse than Shadowlands.

Windwalkers casually 100-0ing people with no cooldowns

sorry can someone spell it out for me?
are they now having the same system in DF as they had in shadowlands to upgrade pvp sets?"

They said it will be 2 static PvP items levels, one for honor set, one for Conquest. Upgrading is staying, but it’s only for the item level of your gear so you can still do things with it in PvE. Upgrading pieces shouldn’t move the PvP item level of your gear at all.

Screenshot shows a 5/5 piece:

Item level 366
PvP item level 408

If it wasn’t upgraded, it would probably say something like:

Item level 345
PvP item level 408

2 Likes

Is the pre-patch going to allow us to upgrade all of our current conquest gear to max?

It was in an interview that can be found here:

https://www.wowhead.com/news/massive-pvp-changes-in-dragonflight-wod-style-pvp-gear-returning-in-10-0-326777

The quote was:

“We’re thinking of getting back to a system where all Conquest gear just scales up to that PvP item level ceiling regardless of your rating. Once its Conquest gear that’s the best stuff for PvP period and then upgrading it and progressing through the ranks from Duelist, Gladiator, and so forth is raising the PvE item level to let you bring it into other high-end content if that’s what you want to do. We think that it’ll make for a better, more skill-oriented competitive experience on the PvP side.”

1 Like

Ah, thank you for this. I’ll admit I was a little distracted when I watched the video, so my interpretation was unclear.

This isn’t so bad. I don’t mind doing Mythic + to do PvE content, so long as my PvP gear isn’t a continuous grind just to remain competitive with the “gear grind” that this xpac has been.