Please let us dragonride outisde of the dragon isles

Let’s do it. Please. It’s so fun. I want to use it in the old world. Can’t even use the customizable mount in the old world as a regular mount what gives?

25 Likes

I have no problem with you having this new kind of flying, that you like, everywhere that allows flying. But not one moment before they enable regular flying in DF content, so that I never have to use DR.

You use the kind of flying you like, I use the kind of flying I like, everyone is happy.

Or not, I have already unsubbed because of it.

13 Likes

Ok.

So enable flying old world

I hope they add it to the old world, I don’t even want to go to the old world ATM, old flying is painful.

5 Likes

It’s so muich fun and I feel so sad being in old zones…

7 Likes

7 Likes

Ion has stated that bringing dragonriding outside of the dragon isles is something they want to do, but it is going to depend on how it is viewed by the players and what feedback they get.

If the feedback is mostly positive, then they’ll likely make it evergreen and bring it into the rest of the world. If it’s negative, they likely won’t.

So every day I will beg for them to do this.

3 Likes

Yeah, at this point dragonflight feels like a wow 2. Going back to old world feels like going from 128 bit, to 16 bit.

11 Likes

I’m in love already,

3 Likes

Which is kinda weird when so far the larger portion of players outside of the forums love the feature. That said i dont want it to enitrely replace normal flying as its just more efficent and i can afk. But df is freaking amazing otherwise

Sure. And let me ‘dragonride’ my normal flying mount on the Dragon Isles.

3 Likes

Dragonriding won’t replace normal flying. In fact, Blizzard said that normal flying would return with Dragonflight later. They want folks to use Dragonriding and get a feel for the experience it offers first, then they’ll add normal flying back for folks that prefer the slower, but less demanding flying method.

2 Likes

Time to start a petition.

1 Like

Luckily, the devs realize that the forums is far from a representative sample of the player base. Honestly, if they do end up enabling normal flying in the new zones, I’m sure they’ll start asking for speed buffs to the old mounts since many don’t seem to realize that old flying mount speed is basically stall speed on the new ones.

2 Likes

I’ve done both having played beta. I’d choose the regular flying mount even if it’s slower. Being fastest isn’t everyone’s priority. I’d never ask for a speed buff I’d accept it for what it is they both have pros and cons.

They will but not with old mounts.

The days of purchasing “air swimming” with no mechanics for measly amounts of gold is over, dragon riding is flying as it should have always been. Would you honestly rather have boring and grindy pathfinder to earn “air swimming” halfway through an expac or ACTUAL flying with fun and realistic mechanics available from day one? People who whine for “air swimming” have already lost and have been losing since WOD. Dragon riding is the future of flying mounts; get used to it.

7 Likes

yes I’d rather the pathfinder because ground mount based zone to level in would at least not make me feel like I was gonna puke. :frowning:

1 Like

Use the accessibility options in the settings menu to make motion sickness less of an issue; problem solved! Again, “air swimming” for gold is never coming back so you might as well adapt. It’s been a decade since we could purchase “air swimming” so you should know by now that it’s obsolete.

1 Like