Please Layer the AQ Event on "High Pop Realms"

theyre gonna layer it most likely regardless of what anyone says

1 Like

Are you worried about the mount? Very few people are going to get it regardless, because your guild has to carry you and only you.

lol, OP literally just wants to be part of the event. did you even read the post or just post something negative cause of the title?

anyway - if you jumped into the aq gates test - it was unplayable - just sayin OP’s request isn’t a bad one for a temporary event.

1 Like

All that would accomplish is allowing the “mega” guilds multiple times to complete the event and get the limited reward items. It is a bad idea, it would be abused.

1 Like

most of the mega servers are already layered.

You must have missed the AQ test on the PTRs…unplayable.

OP has a legitimate concern.

1 Like

This was the closest thing to Vanilla that I have experienced in Classic so far :slight_smile:

That’s cool…

I personally don’t want to get stuck, hovering over the wyvern/gryphon master for 45 mins until I D/C…every time I fly into Silithus.

But…then again…I’m a man of simple pleasures.

1 Like

watching Asmon play it on the PTR was atrocious. he couldnt even do anything it was lagging so bad. servers must be from 2004 too. truly the classic experience.

1 Like

They fixed that issue specifically during the PTR test.

Anyway they already confirmed that the system will automatically port people out of Silithus when it’s “full.” No layering necessary.

2 Likes

Ahhhh that’s good to hear!

I would %1000 prefer no layers…

…but I also don’t want to be stuck at negative latency/frames for a week while they figure their ish out.

No, don’t layer it. Allow the people on high population servers to get the true, 1/5 FPS experience of the original release!

1 Like

Layering is great. All of the positives of layers far out weigh the downsides. Especially on mega servers. Only type of person who don’t like layers are the type of people who are deluded and think the game is all about them.

1 Like

You were only stuck for 45 minutes? You were lucky! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I literally couldn’t care about the mount. The Event itself is awesome, tons of PvP a 10 hour war, and a massive server achievement. Getting kicked to the zone border for 10 hours and never being able to even see the event is going to suck for a lot of people.

1 Like

Well the 10 hour war involves fighting bosses across multiple zones wherever there are hives now. So it was never planned to have everyone at the same place for the entire event.

And a lot of smart raiders will form up in Un’goro and Tanaris during the event to take on these unique bosses just to see what they drop.

I’m baffled how anyone thinks this is a good solution, “We won’t layer it so you can see the event lag free, we’re going to teleport you out so you can’t see this event at all!”

2 Likes

They did this during vanilla too.

In 2006 they didn’t have the technology to allow everyone to participate in the event, in 2020 they do. This is how we ended up with a system to simulate lag, which is silly no one likes batching, there is no reason for it.

1 Like

its not worth suggesting to blizzard how to handle ahn quiraj. its going to be completely unplayable, guaranteed. blizzard is behind on their $6.75 monthly payment to valueserversforless net and were all crossing our fingers that they remember to pay the bill.