Please Keep Layering

+1.

Layering has made classic playable, despite the alleged abuse.

AH will do just fine. All the layering hate will for nought in a month or two… its been a Week ppl, just play the game or quit…

1 Like

They wont get banned. Take layering away then. Layering is only serving the purpose of allowing for these things to happen and any person that is smart will abuse it.

If its not hard to figure out as you said in your previous post then I wouldn’t exactly say a person is ‘smart’ for abusing it.

Login ques have no relation to layers. Servers can only hold so much, layers or no layers

You can very easily set a standard to distinguish.

I’m guessing you have abused it from your language. If so, hope you get banned dude.

3 Likes

Layering (or any form of Phasing and Sharding) in the open world needs to go. Fast.

2 Likes

Hey guys can I get a layer invite?

You are afraid they remove layering and you can’t exploit anymore, i hope you get banned.

If people are cheating by abusing layering to gain items worth a lot of in game currency, it will affect how you play the game because it’ll change the in game economy.

Same thing as people buying gold is bad, not because they bought the gold, but because that gold is being introduced into the economy.

2 Likes

This is such a dumb argument, this isn’t a single player game. The world is interconnected, if one player gains an unfair advantage because of layer on your realm it will directly affect you.

2 Likes

You can distinguish, in fact i have distinguished TC as a layer abuser pretty quickly and you are probably another one for the way you get so defensive about it.

Yeah pieces of garbage this abusers.

Abuse aside, open world layering and the massively excessive server populations will not give us vanilla-style server communities.

Layering is just masking the fact that the servers have been allowed to become grossly overpopulated. It will be very interesting to see whether layering can actually be turned off when P2 rolls around; what happens if populations haven’t dropped and servers still have 15k+ players?

layer does not stop que times

Per blizzards own promise layering needs to be removed as soon as a server no longer needs it. No later then phase 2 release under any conditions.

funny, you “don’t care” yet you had to come running into this thread and replying over and over and over again. lol. ya ain’t foolin anyone, and ya ain’t convincing anyone because the “who cares what other players do” argument doesn’t fly when you’re playing an MMO and interacting with others as opposed to a single player game.

1 Like

With free server transfer coming I see them removing layering sooner rather than later.

Turn it off IMMEDIATELY to preserve the integrity of the game.

Phase 2 is months away. People have made enough exploited gold to last the lifetime of classic in the first week. By the time layering goes away, the game will be forever ruined by the people who exploited because they will control the supply of gold for the rest of the lifetime of the server.

This is literally some of the dumbest %@)# they could have possibly done. And everyone saw it coming. I’m already just waiting for a private server that isn’t run by morons.

layering is no different than eq tlp style “pick zone” - where mutliple instances of a zone are created based on population of zone. It’s un-chokes a zone and allows folks to get their stuff done.

The vocal minority crying that servers will be economically wrecked beyond repair have no idea what they’re talking about it, when eq tlp stuff had thousands of people farming the same zones/etc pick-hopping as we called it. The economy was still fine many xpacs later.

Without layering - we’d have huge queues and zones would be so congested, you’d spent far more time just trying to find mobs alive for the quest you need. it only takes 1-3 people per little quest area to lock down all the mobs.