Please help with this macro:

I’m trying to run the following script:

#showtooltip Shining Force
/cast [nomod, @player] Shining Force
/cast [mod:alt, @mouseover] Power Infusion
/cast [mod:shift, @player} Power Infusion

I think it’s not working because the spell “Shining Force” is a talent and the spell “Power Infusion” is not.

Or am I just an idiot?

Okay, let’s simplify this a little.

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:alt,@mouseover,help][mod:shift,@player]Power Infusion;[@player] Shining Force

Assuming you can cast PI like that (not sure about @player on a non-reticule spell), that should work.

If it does not, try this:

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:alt,@mouseover,help][mod:shift]Power Infusion;Shining Force

I think buff spells like that default to self-cast if you don’t have a target, but I’m not 100% sure. I mostly main a Hunter and alt a DK and a Warrior. No directed Buffs on either.

1 Like
#showtooltip
/cast [nomod,talent:4/3,@player] Shining Force; [mod:alt,@mouseover] [mod:shift,@player] [] Power Infusion
1 Like

Honestly thank you all for your help.

I forgot what this script was intended to do… But I will read your input and take it to heart anyway.

Have a nice day! I’ll even edit this post as proof.

Whatever Lodge Said

[/quote]

It’s way to early to invest all my logic points into this… i can tell… I’ll keep the tab open so I can work on this post. It’s complicated.

edit2 : oh god it gets worse. STFUing now

Confession : I am way too stupid to understand any of this. (right nowe)

I think I know why my macro isn’t working. My character is too stupid to do it right.

Actually Lodge after reading this macro again… near the part you starting saying PI I remembered what I was trying to accomplish!

I figured this one out yesterday!

Here’s mine:

"
/cast [nomod, @player] Shining Force
/cast [mod:shift, @Player] Power Infusion
"

One of the problems I was having was that either PI was on cooldown when I tried to use it or one of my other button icons was set to “shift-1”

Thank you all for your replies… and not trolling me in my time of need.

I appreciate that there is at least two decent people in the world.

I consider this thread closed.

This can be condensed into a single line and simplified to use ANY modifier key (if you prefer that).

#showtooltip
/cast [mod,@player]Power Infusion;[@player]Shining Force

There are a lot of decent people in the world. They’re just not screaming all the time. It’s the loud ones you see and hear in person, in the game, and in the news. Just remember that for every 1 of them, there about a dozen of us just shaking our heads.

Thank you but that’s too complicated for me to understand.

You’re better than me at macros. Nice!

#showtooltip - this will put whatever icon is “current” based on the first one that would cast with the conditional currently active (mod, nomod, et cetera).

cast [mod,@player]Power Infusion;[@player]Shining Force

These evaluate left to right and the first one that’s “true” will cause that spell to fire with any targeting conditions applied.

In this case you can read it like this:

if a modifier key is held down
    cast Power Infusion on me
else
    cast Shining Force on me

You can stack these things really deeply if you want to use multiple conditionals.

/cast [@mouseover,harm,mod:alt][@focus,harm,mod:shift][harm,nomod]SomeDamagingSpell;[@mouseover,help]SomeHelpingSpell;SomeOtherSpell

In this case you can read it like this:

if there is a harmable unit under my cursor and I have the alt key held down
    cast SomeDamagingSpell on that unit
elseif there is a harmable unit assigned as my focus and I have the shift key held
    cast SomeDamagingSpell on that unit
elseif my target is a harmable unit and I have no modifier key held
    cast SomeDamagingSpell
elseif there is a helpable unit under my cursor
    cast SomeHelpingSpell
else
    cast SomeOtherSpell

This allows you to avoid having to “waste” characters (there is a 255 limit) with unnecessary repetition of "/cast " for every spell and it allows you to have “fall through” logic (everything to the left of whereever you are in the list of things your doing has already been tested for.

It’s not necessary that you do things this way, but it does allow for flexibility in cases where you want multiple actions under a single button controlled by modifiers and targeting states.

Smart Chief Macro Editor Lodge-owner

#showtooltip Purify
/cast [nomod, help, @mouseover] Purify
/cast [nomod, harm, @mouseover] Dispel Magic

Wait wait don’t tell me… I think I got it.

I’ll share it if:f I figure it out.
Promise just so there’s a reason to look for info on the wow forums. And I “lube” the horde. you should see the guy thatl oves them.

It goes like this.

#showtooltip Purify
/cast [harm, nomod] Dispel Magic
/cast [help][nomod] Purify

IT DOES WORK IT JUST HASES DIFFERENT FORMATTING!
I’ll fill you in later.

#showtooltip Purify
/cast [harm, nomod] Dispel Magic
/cast [help][nomod] Purify
/cast [harm, mod:alt, @mouseover] Dispel Magic
/cast [help][mod:alt][@mouseover] Dispel Magic

I’m having issues again it works I just cant tell if it prefers the alt key or the target when all criteria are met.

Not talking now!

/cast [help,@mouseover]Purify;[harm,@mouseover]Dispel Magic

You’d probably want something in there to default to your target or focus or even just default spell behavior. I don’t know those spells well, but this is an idea of what it would look like. Elvenbane is a better resource for this though.

#showtooltip
/cast [help,@mouseover][help,@focus]Purify;[harm,@mouseover][harm][]Dispel Magic

You would read that as:

if there is a helpable unit under my cursor
    cast Purify on that unit
elseif there is a helpable unit assigned as my Focus
    cast Purify on that unit
elseif there is a harmable unit under my cursor
    cast Dispel Magic on that unit
elseif my target is harmable
    cast Dispel Magic on that unit
else
    cast Dispel Magic as if I'd clicked it in my spellbook

That one (might not be practical) would always show you a spell on the macro at least.

They way conditionals work is spelled out very well in Elvenbane’s wiki in this forum, but essentially, it’s like this;

[this,that] Both must be true.
[this][that] One of these must be true.

Separate spells with a semicolon (;).

Don’t end with a semi-colon.

You can stack them up as long as you want within the (default) 255 character limit.

They evaluate left to right.

So…

/cast [A,@unitX][B,C,@unitY][B,D][]SpellA

…works out to this:

if A
    Cast SpellA at unitX
elseif B and C
    Cast SpellA at unitY
elseif B and D
    Cast SpellA at target
else
    Cast SpellA in default mode
1 Like

The problem is it prefers to help or harm depending on how many conditions of it are met with each variable. Mouse… target… And I need it to do the other thing.

I give up.

Thank you Chief.

So… I’ll just use a different conditional… and make it more simple for my smart computer to understand.

Which… would require more slots on my hotbars. (But it sounds like you knew that)

Uhm… WE’RE LYING>> NARYU!! GIT’TEM!

Pins are your friend.

That one was too unreliable… When every condition was met I couldn’t figure out what it was doing.