Please hear me out: Account-wide Repuation

I’ve been thinking this is something that would be nice to have in the game for a while, aside from current content there doesn’t really seem to be a reason why this is not in the game yet(it’s a great QoL improvement tbh). Mainly because when you allow tokens to be bought from time walking vendors it doesn’t make much sense to lock people out of something they’ve acquired across toons in the past.
i.e. My shaman had gone through all the hoops during Pandaria to master the ways of cooking but I would rather not have to go through that whole grind again to have my other alts learn that cooking.
Even if this Account-wide reputation is limited to non-current content that would be fine but I think this could just be easily remedied by having current content having a daily cap but same deal. I RARELY would buy any of the armor that was given by these vendors because by the time I would reach the required rep I’ve already acquired better gear then what they’re selling… that would work better with alts tbh and would fix another issue with people not wanting to level alts until they patch in the catch up mechanics later in the expansion.

nope
considering we’re still playing a role playing game: how much sense does it make to be exalted with a faction youve never even met? zero

blizzard already caved too much by making the 100 exalted reps achievement account wide, just get the rep on whatever alt you need it on, theyre incredibly easy these days anyway. pandas commendations are the sweet spot but quit asking for free handouts because you’re lazy

ps panda cooking has nothing to do with rep
it also took about 20 minutes from zero to max
which you’d know if you spent half your time on the game rather than whining

tf is your problem?
considering we’re still playing a role playing game: how much sense do it make to have raids and progression to be skipped late game? zero. how much sense does it make to allow fresh max levels participate with no attunement needed? zero!!!

blizzard already caved too by making over cumbersome tasks simplified such as mount, pet, and toy collecting account wide, just get them on whatever alts available, theyre incredibly easy these days anyway. warfront dailies are the sweet spot but quit asking for free handouts because you’re lazy

ps panda cooking has everything to do with materials
it also takes a day to get all the antiquated and cumbersome materials, not 20 minutes
which you’d know if you actually mastered all the ways and played the game
and also you don’t just unlock all the farm, you’re soft capped at the start of it and can only do so much to get it progressing.

joking aside what does rep gating accomplish for anything that isn’t current? especially for an account that has already done the grind before? The story missions and legendary quest lines already let you skip ahead beyond for a reward you’ve earned on a previous toon… you’re choosing to die on a strange hill for this one. i’m not for them having commendations in the first place but they kinda already screwed it up where you can’t remove it from the game now… like how some would think of heirloom gear.

im not endlessly whining so I reckon you’re the one with a problem, not me
casuals…

they dont make sense either, its almost as if this game has gone completely downhill over the last few expansions due to catering to casuals
dumb argument anyway, would be a lot more valid if I had defended those, Im consistent in my criticism

? did you have a stroke
or is this the US education system failing once again?

little man, if you took only one glance at my profile you’d see I have done far far more than you have… how about you accomplish something and then come back to me
the vast majority of mats you need is on a vendor, master of the ways took me next to no time

either way, you mention panda cooking in the context of reputation, which is completely unrelated

you’re completely and utterly wrong so there is no hill for me to die on

you make an assumption of someone making one post as endlessly whining, indeed something is not right with you.

catering to casuals isn’t as big of a problem as what else that they’ve got on their plate(i.e. trying to make the game relevant for older players by bringing in core characters and then just throwing them away for like one patch towards the end of an expansion, such as argus, turalyon and alleria, ny’laotha. etc). it’s not just this mmo that has taken a hit, the mmorpg market in general had it’s 5 minutes of fame, went to MOBA’s, then OW, then BR’s. MOBA’s is where most people that went hard on MMORPG’s went to.
now a dumb argument would be going to a forum and acting condescending while still having no factual stance rather than “you’re dumb, i no like” as the counter argument. i find it ironic you note it as criticism when it’s rooted in acting rather juvenile and off topic attacking my character. you assume i’m on the forums spending all my time “whining,” look at my # of posts… look at your # of posts. I’m clearly not the one on the forums all the time, if i have criticism i usually just leave it and go. streamers have already talked about having reps be account wide and how it would be great for the future of the game, and most of them have played the game way longer than i have ever so i trust their word more so than mine.
it’s funny you refer to me as little man when you’ve clearly got the “little man” problem…
clearly this problem to me is one of mere trivial annoyance, where as for you it seems more catastrophic. well take care, i hope you get the help you need.

Honestly, the argument of “it’s a role-playing game, this faction just met you XYZ” is kind of redundant. There are many additions over the years that make that argument completely useless… account-wide transmog tabards, account-wide titles, the ability to purchase rank 3 essences… the list goes on and on.

If “it’s an RPG” is an argument Blizzard wants to preserve, then they should make it so that yes–earning reputation can be a progress made account-wide, but the familiarization of the NPCs to your individual character does not change.

Example, because that may be a bit confusing:

Toon X, Y, and Z are all earning progress towards a reputation. Across the account, the reputation continues to build. However, individually, their progress is ‘separate’ for the sake of ‘preserving the RPG element’.

Together, they all contribute their earned experience towards exalted. However, individually, one could be friendly, the other two revered… or whichever status you’d like.

Or, toon X, Y, and Z all are earning reputation towards a faction. Toon X achieves exalted, earning the last bit of reputation required. However, toon Y and Z are still friendly and revered. Toon X has the benefits of exalted, and can browse the vendors and purchase their exalted-level items. However, toon Y and Z–still friendly and revered–can only purchase friendly and revered items.

Just a thought.