Please gives arcane another proc besides clearcasting

Arcane is probably the most boring spec in the game when you are playing in burn phase since your only cast is arcane blast which is lame.

In my opinion this could be easily fixed by giving arcane another proc like besides clearcasting. It could be something like:

Arcane blast has x% to gives arcane barrage a free cast without consuming arcane charge. that would gives arcane a better iteration without the boring arcane blast spam

6 Likes

So AB, AB, AB, AB, AB, ooo Barr proc, AB, AB, AB, AB, AB, AB, AB, AB, AB, AB, AB, ooo Barr proc, repeat would be more satisfying for you? I mean I guess I wouldn’t turn it down, but I don’t think that’s going to solve your boredom problem.

1 Like

Better than nothing

2 Likes

Increasing the CC proc rate by 100% would go a lot further to the fun factor. Then they just need to Orb/Nova baseline, give us a black hole spell, and bring back the MoP bombs.

9 Likes

I say it’s never “boring” when stuff dies.

Rolling Fire will add more switch-ups to the rotation.

Okay but if playing Arcane is like playing chop sticks on the piano then playing Fire is the equivalent of playing the piano like Rachmaninov (at least during Combustion that is). There’s got to be a middle ground…

I couldn’t agree more. I like those ideas better than mine. What was the black hole spell?

It doesn’t exist yet, but it would basically be a rip-off of any blackhole spell from ARPGs, and reasonably similar to druid’s “vortex” except not messy. I mean it’s not the most original idea, but it would add a lot to Arcane including some much needed utility.

“Create a miniature black hole around your target, drawing in all enemies within X (8-10?) yards, rooting them in place for 2 seconds and dealing Y damage to all targets [does not work on creatures immune to CC].”

That said, there are so many cool Arcane magic spells around in this game (Elisande, Illidan, the dudes in Kara, Azshara etc) and in every other RPG, ARPG, MMO and deck builder that Blizzard is almost going out of their way not to implement more.

3 Likes

Wasn’t intended to do so.

Yeah we desperately need some kind of mass crowd control spell. It’s ridiculous that we don’t have an Arcane one (besides Supernova which is anything but super).

As for something else to spice up the rotation… I would really like to see a ST alternative to Arcane Barrage. There has to be a way to sink all your Arcane Charges into a single target nuke when fighting bosses. It would make the class feel so much better and address the glaring ST shortcomings we have.

We also need LAZORS! Like seriously! Remove any one of the 3 stupid passive talents on the last row and replace it with a massive Arcane laser ala D3 Wizard’s Disintegration Ray. I am sick and tired of having to play Action RPGs just to get my fancy spells fix. :sob::joy:

The technology is here, we’re not playing in the era of Everquest, just make it happen! :mage:t2:‍♂

2 Likes

Seriously it is sad that balance druid looks more arcanish than arcane mage besides looking cooler XD

2 Likes

Disintegrate is one of my favorite spells from D3.

But if we are going to steal a D3 wizard spell let’s go for ARCHON

3 Likes

We have something already. It is called void form

While it is not true that you only use Arcane Blast during the burn phase, your idea of a free Arcane Barrage is interesting, more so to help with movement than damage, as Arcane Blast and Arcane Barrage damage is nearly identical on a single target.

IMO Arcane isn’t boring at all. But to each is own. However, Arcane needs a lot more help for movement because Arcane is one of if not the worst spec in game for mobility which is why it usually does so bad in raids since raids have almost all fights with heavy movement.

Not sure if I am missing something but how arcane is fun? I mean spamming AB all the time is fun? I would like to read an opinion

It needs a complete redesign.

The current devs are just incapable of working with the spec’s current core design. They try making changes at the beginning of the expansion, realize their design just doesn’t work, and then they end up leaving the spec to rot unless players discover a new rotation in which case the devs will butcher the spec until players are forced to play how the devs want them to play.

Then there’s the fact that the spec is “fragile” (as they admitted), and the smallest changes could completely change the optimal rotation to something which goes against the spec’s design: Scorch weaving, Quickening (I actually liked this one), AM spam in BFA

It either needs to be rebuilt from the ground up, turned into a builder-spender spec, or be given the legion survival hunter treatment and be made into something completely new.

That’s pretty much my thinking. They seem to be intentionally refusing to work on the spec. As someone on a recent post said, it’s an unpopular spec so they don’t invest much time in it. But therein lies the classic paradox: perhaps it’s unpopular because they don’t invest any time/thought/creativity in it?

3 Likes

It’s unpopular because it doesn’t fill a niche at all. Amazing single target? Nope. Cleave? Nope. AOE burst/sustained? Nope. Unique utility? Nope. There is no reason to spec Arcane unless you’re a weird role player. The same can be said for other specs. Mistweaver, Survival and Demo Lock all need complete redesigns. If these specs receive no significant changes for 9.1 then it’s clear the ‘balance team’ are clueless.

That’s my whole point: they don’t give it a clearly defined role, they invest almost zero time in it, they immediately nerf it to the ground in pvp whenever someone figures out a strong combo then they wonder why no one plays it. People aren’t going to flock to it if it’s workable by .001% of the community on a couple mythic fights that you can gimmick/cheese.

1 Like