Please Fix Molten Lava Pack Toy Drop Rate

The rare Invoq in Zaralek Cavern is supposed to drop a toy called the Molten Lava Pack. The drop rate of this toy is clearly bugged, similar to what was happening to a few other ZC drops earlier in the season and there are many players with 500+ kills of this rare without a drop.

Multiple people have tried submitting bug reports in game, which seem to have gone unnoticed. Hoping a forum post will finally get this drop rate fixed.

6 Likes

Yeah it’s a bit frustrating this was completely overlooked when they changed the rares to be 4-day resets and claimed drop rates were adjusted. Turned out few were which resulted in this CC thread Drop Rates in Zaralek Caverns Not Increased. Only Karokta’s bugged rate got any sort of fix out of this thread unfortunately.

4 Likes

Bumping this

1 Like

Would be nice if it was either addressed or confirmed for this to be a bug or working as intended. While statistics will never say something is impossible it’s highly improbable for so many people with high kill counts and no toy to exist without some sort of a bug occurring. Comments on wowhead state people were able to acquire the toy making by making an additional account and not learning the manuscript that drops off of the same rare which sounds like a clear and obvious bug.

3 Likes

Bumping this

I have a feeling that since some people get lucky and get this toy to drop before they learn the manuscript that not enough bug reports come in for blizzard to care about this bug. Hell there are so many bugs in this game at this point it makes you wonder if their quality control team exists anymore.

2 Likes

It would be great if a blue could comment on whether this issue is being looked at or not. At this point I’m just going to keep bumping this thread until it’s either fixed or at least acknowledged because no amount of bug reports have gotten it fixed so far.

1 Like

Bumping for posterity. Please fix this toy’s drop.

1 Like

Bumping this again. I’ve resorted to submitting daily bug reports for the time being until this gets fixed/responded to:

Molten Lava Pack is a toy that’s supposed to drop from Invoq in ZC and does not appear to drop after you get the dragonriding glyph from the rare. NO ONE has reported getting this toy after learning the glyph. People have had to resort to making second accounts and not learning the glyph so they can get the toy. The playerbase has submitted hundreds of bug reports over the past few months with no response.

1 Like

It is mind-boggling to me that this is actually the cause of the bug.

Programmatically, it sounds like when performing the checks for whether a learnable item should drop, someone accidentally put in the learned ID for the manuscript in the Lava Pack’s properties. This should have been a simple fix and already done months ago.

Maybe we’ll see it before 10.2. /sigh

1 Like

Bumping this

Bump. I really hope some QA person finds this and takes it seriously. Even messaging blizzard support all they say is were SoL and to make bug reports and hope someone reads them.

Bump. Would be great to get a response

There is a report in this other thread that the drop is “fixed”, but since that thread doesn’t seem to have any context on what the bug actually is, I replied asking for confirmation that they already had the manuscript when they looted.

Finally got the toy to drop so seems like it is in fact fixed. I wish they would have put this in a patch notes somewhere to let people know that it was fixed. Then again I assume with the way this expansion has been going were they to list all the bug fixes each blue post would be a mile long.

Well, we never got confirmation of the exact bug. But I suspect it is precisely what everyone was saying–the manuscript quest ID flag was being checked for the toy drop before. I can confirm that myself and many others (3+ guildies) finally got the toy after already having the manuscript when 10.1.7 dropped.

1 Like

Amusingly, the Horn of Lavaswimming had a similar issue where its ability to drop was tied to the first-ever completion of the event instead of the first-weekly completion, per character.