Please fix: Holy Priests are getting shafted in Shadowlands

AGREE!!
Pretty much every other class has been getting nerfed/buffed for balance but holy priest has been garbage tier this whole expansion. What the heck?! Please fix!

9 Likes

Healing in general feels really bad. I didn’t sign up to be a healer for all of these years to be constantly pestered to play disc instead or some other dps hybrid healer. Boss design has favored lighter healing for awhile now for the sake of having more interesting mechanics. They haven’t figured out a way to allow healers to spend most of their time healing instead of smite being their top cast. Because of this dpsing is always more important and blizzard is creating more and more ways for other classes like paladin or shaman to dps in raid better and better pushing out the core heal focused specs.

Blizzard needs to pick one. Either this game becomes one where healers are all hybrid dps and the pure healers are compensated to do the same damage across the board or we go back to near constant raid wide damage so healers are actually allowed to heal. Either way I want to be pressing heal buttons and not 30+ casts of smite on every boss because of dead air or fear of being replaced.

17 Likes

Agree! Bump!

5 Likes

Make priests great again!

Also, where’s the sl info, I need to look!

2 Likes

hpriest hasn’t been good since

ah ya they’ve never been good

1 Like

Ty!

Looks neat, some potentially good changes, I hope there’s more to come.

Getting sw:p/d back as holy might help in m+.

Hopefully they change more for the better as we get closer to release.

1 Like

We were good in Vanilla :slight_smile:

The thing is we are good at healing - but Blizzard has made healing 1/5th of the healing role’s requirements and so we end up at the bottom of the stack.

We need to be redesigned around the game as it is now.

2 Likes

Umm, priests are disc in classic to give mages a damage buff and have the spirit buff.

5 Likes

100% agree.

While Holy has had very strong hps output for majority of BFA, what we’re lacking in other areas usually means we’re not going to be looked at as an option over healers with more utility (eg, every. other. healer.)

Literally just something as simple as instant PoM would be nice to give us a bit extra mobility. I love my Holy Priest and want to be able to main Holy again but the utility of other healers when we offer absolutely nothing on that front is hard to compete with.

10 Likes

let’s make the changes in M+, and not with the classes. freakin go go go :poop:

Some of those suggestions make no sense. Your healing spells doing damage? lol.

You’re essentially asking for way too much to be shoved into holy priest. They would be the best healer in the game because they’d have everything.

Yeah I feel kind of bad for holy priest. I was expecting something to help them a bit in M+.

1 Like

You got my vote. I agree as well.

1 Like

The only reason I’m leveling up a couple of priests now is to unlock rare transmog BoE’s my other characters have gotten.

As a former raid healing priest back during true classic I agree and give holy back their damn bubble. Does not feel right without it

1 Like

I think this would be the best change they could make for allowing you to deal damage - Give holy priests a passive that, as an idea, causes a small burst of AoE holy damage every time you cast a heal or cleanse on anyone. It’d provide an interesting contrast between both priest healing specs, as well; Disc priests would heal by dealing damage, holy priests would damage by healing.

2 Likes

Great list! I love the feather, apotheosis, and fade suggestions the best. POM instant cast and PW:S back are also things that I would love to see return.

One thing I would add to your list, and this would probably be my number one wishlist item, is give us the legendary cloak effect from legion back as a baseline passive. The one where you return to life after spirit of redemption ends with health based on how much healing you did. It was mostly used as a wipe protect but also felt great thematically where you die to save others and then come back to life.

3 Likes

Priest was my first class back in vanilla but I finally gave up on him in BFA and switched to hunter. I love to heal, but priests are just no fun now.

The last time I enjoyed my priest was discipline in WOD. You will be much happier if you retire your priests.

2 Likes