Please Fix Chromie in Org!

As a returning player after many years of being away, I’m enjoying the new leveling experience. I played from Vanilla through WotLK, so I missed out on a lot of expansions. I get to appreciate each expansion, which is really cool. That said, please put the expansions in order of release in the Chromie dialog (Cata is listed before BC and WotLK, which is incorrect).

Also, please add the original game as a choice for players to level through (pre-BC). I mean, I’m sure there are players who would like to level through the original game (outside of playing Classic). Please fix these 2 issues.

Unfortunately this is the wrong forums for suggestions quest forums would be the apropriate forum.

2 Likes

I don’t see a suggestions forum anymore. I looked for it and didn’t seem to find it. Where is it located (under which header).

Suggestion forum go to the apropriate forums class feed back would go to palidin forums general suggestion would go to general or ingame suggestion feature this is the one your looking for as no developers come here.

2 Likes

All the non-Support forums are now suggestion forums. They’re broken up by their respective aspects of the game (such as Quests, the various classes, Battlegrounds, Raids, etc.) with General Discussion being the catch-all if something doesn’t fit perfectly.

6 Likes

Thank you! Exactly what I needed to know. Take care.

3 Likes

Couple of points regarding your suggestions:

1. It is possible to play from 1-50 in the original zones by not using chromie time.

2. The original zones are technically Cataclysm zones. They were all impacted and had content modified by the Cataclysm.

Cataclysm is the only xpac designed around flying. You need to level a character up high enough to get flying before those zones actually become available so it includes the original classic zones.

If you want to solo original dungeons while Timewalking, you need to talk to chromie to select Cataclysm.

3 Likes

First off, this thread was incorrect and I asked this in the correct place; however, since you responded, I figured I’d clarify and respond back to you. After that, I’ll likely delete this thread in a few days. You’re welcome to comment on the other thread with discussion. It’s here:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/please-fix-chromie/696550

You can’t level 1-50 in the original zones. The original zones stop at level 30. That’s how they designed it. Without Chromie Time:
“Classic”, BC, and WotLK end at 30
Cata and MoP end at 35
WoD ends at 40
Legion ends at 45
BFA ends at 50
This way you can naturally progress through each expansion without Chromie time, if you choose. Look at your map without using Chromie time and notice the “suggested” levels. They don’t scale past the above capped levels per expansion. That’s how they engineered it. You either use Chromie time and level using 1 particular expansion, you level in BFA, or you level using expansion progression.

True, the “original” zones were changed with Cata. I’m suggesting that we should be able to level in the original “pre-Cata change” zones using Chromie time. I mean, we have multi-phased zones already in many parts of the game with an NPC that allows you to change the zone to a different timeline, so this isn’t too far of a stretch to make possible (for example, Silithus before and after Sargeras stabbed it and completely altered the landscape there (and destroyed Cenarion Hold)). We can choose to return to a time before Sargeras changed things by speaking to an NPC. From a lore standpoint, if Chromie can move us anywhere in the WoW timeline, why not to the zones as they were in Classic before the sundering?

Um, read my post. And the thread, too, while you’re at it… I know. I responded to someone. I have since posted in the correct place and redirected them (and by default, you) in my last post.

That why I deleted my post… lord… :roll_eyes: Someone is spoiling for an argument.

the “original” zones no longer exist… it’s classified as cataclysm now, because the original vanilla content was replaced with cataclysm content.

you CAN level 1-50 in azerothian zones via chromie by selecting cataclysm in chromie time.
i hit 50 in elwynn.

the pre-cata content is gone.
if you want to play it, you need to head over to classic.

3 Likes

Hence my suggestion to allow us to return to those times using Chromie time. Technically original Silithus is gone, too, as Sargeras ran a sword through Cenarion Hold, but we can change the timeline and visit Silithus prior to that. So there is a way, as they already are doing it in certain zones that have changed over the years.
The mapping of the zones still exists in Classic, so it’s not too far of a stretch to allow us to use those zones with all the bells and whistles of Retail. “Classic” is essentially a stripped down version of Retail (it’s definitely not Vanilla as it was in 2004-5, though a close emulation of what it was).

…which is still Cata Silithus.

it’s not classic Silithus.

2 Likes

If you want to see any changes, it’d be better do so in General. The blues here ain’t able to pass this along and the Devs don’t come here for feedback.

Um, read the thread. I know this already. I posted in the correct forum. This thread was left over and people keep replying (which I’ll respond to). I even posted a link to the correct thread above. :slight_smile:

Did reading comprehension levels all of sudden plummet in the last few years? Several people are posting responses without actually reading the thread. It’s not like it’s a huge thread (only 16 posts). Plus, people aren’t even understanding the basic concept of letting us level in the original classic zones inside a Retail setting. It’s really simple to understand. Even my wife, who doesn’t even play WoW (or video games for that matter) understands this.

Doesn’t matter - nothing will come from posting here and coming in with a chip on one’s shoulder isn’t helpful either. More to the point, nothing will come from acting like this as the blues will just close the thread here as nothing useful is coming from it.

And please leave the whole “Well they replay to me, I have to say something!” as that isn’t an excuse as you can always walk away. Put the thread on mute and be done with it. And to nip the seed in the bud, don’t tell me not to reply to a given thread, as an account in good standing can reply, but that doesn’t mean picking fights on the most heavily modded spot on the forums. The blues here rather folks be helpful to one another and not have posters fight with on another for no reason, even with the whole “They replied to me!” mindset.

3 Likes

As you should, too… :wink: Love how people tell me (or others what to do) when they do the same. You could’ve just walked away, but instead felt the need to jab here.

I knew you was here to argue…hence necroing a 10 day old thread. You got your answer 10 days ago, you should leave it at that.

3 Likes

It’s my original post, I’m the author. I don’t log into the forums regularly. I saw a response and I responded.

doesn’t matter. You came here spoiling for a fight, instead of sticking with marked solution.

2 Likes