Please, fix AV

it’s ridiculous to have 99% loss rate as Aliance.
Since I started doing AV, I have never won and that was 3 months ago.

2 Likes

Sadly horde do everything they possibly can to keep the current 99% win meta, they whined hard to get premades stopped and intend on keeping it in their favor for as long as possible to the detriment of both factions.

2 Likes

The only way to win is to not queue if your alliance.

4 Likes

Alliance whined as well cause anyone not in a premade got screwed over. They were the ones stuck in 10v40 games with no chance to do anything.

1 Like

The important thing is you are winning at life instead, which is so much more fulfilling.

It’s ridiculous to have to wait 2.5 hours for the AV queue :man_shrugging:

Also it’s not that bad. Probably more like 80-85% Horde win rate if we’re being honest.

This is just ridiculous. The change happened because alliance players were the ones getting screwed by the premades. If a bunch of games hadn’t started 10/40 due to premade dodging, the change likely doesn’t happen.

As for wanting to keep it that way, nah. I want good games. Most people do. I am not even sure the rankers want it to remain 99% win, though I won’t claim to speak for them.

There have been a number of suggested changes proposed by both factions and honestly I hope blizzard looks at them. I don’t like the fact that AV is so painful to get into on all but AV weekends. Especially when there are minor changes that could make it more interesting.

Ultimately though, the real problem is and has been queue times for alliance players. They have to maintain a ridiculously high HPH due to the instant queues. That means that a 30 minute (on the fast side) AV game puts them behind. That means that most of the skilled pvpers alliance side aren’t joining AV and never will. They can’t.

Interestingly enough, that makes the case for 2 solutions: 1 make AB/WSG matches premade vs premade. 2 allow premades to be formed for AV. Personally, I think they should do both, but I doubt we see those (or any) changes.

You can’t fix AV. Horde winning 99% of the time isn’t because of the map design. You could change the map design and most it would boost alliance win rate by 5%. So instead of losing 99% of time you’d lose 94% of time. Why should they care about that issue then?

Alliance loses AV because most of them have a bad attitude before the match even starts.

1 Like

That’s what I suspected, based on my own experiences as well:

Others seem to have different experiences:

Just as Wowhead has data on item drop rates, presumably based on data uploaded by people who use the Wowhead client, it would be nice if they also had publicly accessible data on AV win ratios.

Sometimes, and sometimes not.

It was certainly better than the current situation.

1 Like

just saying that dudes numbers are way off, most people in my guild routinely go 100+ games without a win, one of our tanks went just shy of 200 games without a win.

Yeah… I figure there are outliers on either side, but also that the win/loss ratio for an average Horde may not actually be very representative of the win/loss ratio for an average Alliance, esp. if Alliance is able to queue into more games given the same amount of time.

This tendency to blame the abhorrent win discrepancy on simply “attitude” needs to die yesterday, it’s so phenomenally stupid and ignorant.

Change the AV mount to be the same price as normal mounts to get rid of some/most of the worst parasites.

That exploit change was made globally, not just to alliance.

Alliance loved saying ‘horde can do it too’, knowing they were lying, then as soon as it was fixed it was suddenly only an alliance change. The hypocrisy & victim complex is everywhere.

I’m alliance and it makes me sick.

1 Like