Please either forbid boosting or allow unlimited ignores

The LFG channel is virtually unusable by those who want to utilize it for it’s intended function.

11 Likes

xhttps://legacy-wow.com/classic-addons/global-ignore-list-classic/

Just remove the x. Enjoy!

5 Likes

Or just don’t pay attention and let it get to you :thinking:

8 Likes

if you dont like boosting, dont do it.

2 Likes

hes jealous he isnt capable of making 200g an hour.

so his decision is to blindly hate the people that do.

cuz that makes sense.

6 Likes

Does that work as well in Classic as the web page promotes? That looks like an awesome add-on. Kind of a shame you have to go outside of Blizzard to get unlimited ignores, but what else is new? :wink:

Thanks.

1 Like

It is literally clogging up the LFG channel

8 Likes

No idea, I just googled addons to increase ignore list, since I knew they existed but I’d never had a purpose for them myself.

Just to keep things in perspective…you are literally getting worked up over tiny words on a screen that exist for all of 3-8 seconds before they are replaced by different tiny words.

People are WAY too soft these days.

1 Like

It is at times over half of what is being posted in the LFG channel. Add in the many 3-line guild recruitment ads, and the posts that the channel is intended to be used for are all but buried.

On large servers like Herod, the allowable list for ignores needs to be likewise large.

4 Likes

Servers should just have 2 channels. LookingForGroup, and LookingForBoost. Problem solved.

Boosting isn’t a problem though.

2 Likes

People tend to make up problems over things they can actively avoid, and instead of fixing themselves theyd rather everyone else be forced into their corner

2 Likes

boosting is still technically lfg, they’re looking for a group for boosting

5 Likes

How does one “actively avoid” boost sale spam in LFG while utilizing the channel for what it is intended for? What I am asking for is to be able to ignore all of them so they are not seen again (with the additional benefit of not getting communication from them when they are at L60 begging to be let into legit groups)

No, it is technically WTB and WTS, which is trade.
But hey, have fun with your absurd semantics gymnastics.

2 Likes

I gave up looking for a regular stockades group to run.
And then people calling me cheap because I don’t want to pay ?

I wasn’t looking for a boost. I just wanted to play the game and do the quests.

9 Likes

Well most people have 60s to earn gold on so they are willing to invest in boosts. Thus lfg can become dominated by boosts. 3 of the people I SM boosted yesturday were mostly afk while they were in BGs on their other account. Some were watching TV. People don’t like to redo the tedious leveling if they can use thier 60 to pay someone else to do it.

That’s great for them and all, but it should not negatively affect the rest of the players who are playing the game legitimately and trying to find actual groups.

4 Likes

Well you’re not going to convince them to start using another channel, LFG is too active/known. With how popular boosting is, perhaps it should be the other way around. Form a Lookingfordungeon or Lookingformore channel :). Good luck with that though. Happy channel sifting.

1 Like

Did you ignore the second part of the request? It’s right there in the title, and I explained why it is needed.

I suppose a smaller server might be better suited for those who wish to ignore others.

I don’t have much use for the ignore feature at all, and personally wouldn’t notice if it was removed, quite similar to the 30 instances/day limit, but it’s a limit that doesn’t seem particularly useful for those who reach it.